Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I configured my smart settings profile with key and phone.
Even if I have both of them with me (no other key or phone inside the car), I am only recognized in 3 times out of 10.

Has anybody else this behaviour?

CU

Jens

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Jeggo said:
Even if I have both of them with me (no other key or phone inside the car), I am only recognized in 3 times out of 10.

CU

Jens
Sadly yes - same applies to electric chair settings and annoying is that you can't select your personal settings when driving as it is now allowed.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Same. Sometimes not recognised and menus are back in English instead of French ...
Yes for me everything went back to English as well including voice control

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I found out by coincidence was, that the profile seems to be only stored if it is complete.
In my scenario the seat position was missing. While my smart profile was active (selected by hand), I stored my seat position.
After this, it seems to work better. Before my individual start screen disappeared every time. Now every button seems to be stored, while my profile is active.

CU

Jens

·
Registered
210 Posts
Same here. Another topic that I addressed at the dealer with no reply yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same problems here:

- Already lost my smart setting several times (3+);
- Several times the language changed from Dutch to English;
- More than 50% of the times no recognition!

No difference between 13.2 en 14.2.

Still haven't experienced any Alexa AI based on my personal behavior. Maybe because I am new for the car almost every week! 😂

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jeggo said:

CU

Jens
Smart settings seemed to be running ok for me, using just the key. That is until today, when I noticed it wasn't recognising me and my icon was gone and replaced by the generic person icon. So same experience, adding another piece of evidence to the issue.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i-confused said:
Ditto: I'm having the same frustrating issues with smart settings
My dealer advised me last week not to use smart settings yet, as it is buggy.
Others around here mentioned setting up smart setting prior to getting frozen screens.

Now I know why I called my car HAL9000. It has a will of its own and you can't mess with it.. Dominance over us earthlings

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup, I found this, but also found that it is a function of whether or not the phone gets plugged in. Using Car play seems to change any number of things. In particular, if the car is switched off before unplugging the phone, then the phone is plugged in, the radio seems to go on when you plug in the charging cable. The solution seems to be to plug the phone in and unplug it one while the car is switched on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I now have InControl software S18D_18.47.5_269316 and still have the same problems during normal operation (drive, sleep, drive etc.)
I only have one profile installed (key and phone).

- Very seldom, my smart profile is recognised.
- Most of the time, the WiFi password is not stored.
- Favourite radio station and navigation destinations seem to be remembered

What I discovered the last days is, that if the car is turned off (ignition off and car is locked) only for less than 30 minutes, everything seems to work.
If you manually select your profile, this is only possible, when the car is stopped. Even when no smart profile was selected/detected before the car
was parked (less than 30 minutes), it was correctly detected, when I turned on the ignition.

After 30 minutes or more, the car seems to enter a deep sleeping mode to save energy (most of the modern cars do this). So is takes more time for the system to boot up from this deep sleeping mode, then from the stage before. So it seems to be some kind of timing problem, that causes the detection problem of the smart settings.

CU

Jens

1 - 19 of 19 Posts