Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many people rightly asking why JLR cannot issue software release notes (SRNs) so we know whats been done. While poking around in TOPIX I found just that for at least some of the Infortainment system. My guess is they likely have it for car modules but we cannot see them. So I threw it together in a PDF. Sadly it doesn't link to the main version (14.2 etc) but maybe somewhere the information is shown, I cannot check as I'm waiting on delivery still.

View attachment SRN-37054.pdf Hopefully its useful to some.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
The version 13,2 does not refer to the infotainment system at all. All different modules in the car have different software version numbers.
The latest infotainment system version is S18D. Xxxxxx.xxxxx. Which is stated in the release notes. 14.2 is the latest Telematics unit version number and gives the possibility to recive OTA ( over the air updates ). Had a long chat with the JLR tech manager for the Nordic countries about some issues I am having with the Infotainment system in my I-Pace ( which are basically the same issue I had in my Velar ) and he told me that they are working hard with a multitude of software issues that are going to be released in the
"Near future". They've had problems with the Touch Dou system since they first released it in the Velar and unfortunately it seems to be a never ending story. The sad part is that they don't, at least not officially, acknowledge any issues or release any releasenotes to their customers so you have to have a good relationship with your dealer to keep updated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Marcom said:
The version 13,2 does not refer to the infotainment system at all. All different modules in the car have different software version numbers.
The latest infotainment system version is S18D. Xxxxxx.xxxxx. Which is stated in the release notes. 14.2 is the latest Telematics unit version number and gives the possibility to recive OTA ( over the air updates ). Had a long chat with the JLR tech manager for the Nordic countries about some issues I am having with the Infotainment system in my I-Pace ( which are basically the same issue I had in my Velar ) and he told me that they are working hard with a multitude of software issues that are going to be released in the
"Near future". They've had problems with the Touch Dou system since they first released it in the Velar and unfortunately it seems to be a never ending story. The sad part is that they don't, at least not officially, acknowledge any issues or release any releasenotes to their customers so you have to have a good relationship with your dealer to keep updated.
This hurts my faith in JLR and their ability / willingness of using OTA to continuously improve the car. They just seem to lack the right mindset for this digital age. The fact that OP had to scrape together (thanks btw!) releasenotes is ridiculous. As is purposefully witholding this information from customer (and dealers?). This lack of transparency (which I understand is broader then this topic of releasenotes) just creates confusion and kills trust in the brand. Really don't understand why they choose this approach.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes. With the I pace they got new kind of customers wich I suppose are more technology adept (anyway it's my case). So they have to adapt No more concern of the art or reliability of the mechanic. Now it's electronic and computers age . We want software update and improvement like we have on our phones, TV ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Useful PDF - thanks. I wish Jaguar would issue release notes for all related software - battery management, infotainment, telematics, InControl. This would be helpful and endear owners even more. It's a pretty standard concept for any IT related matter and I don't see any downside. My Tesla owning mates get so excited at the way Tesla excites them about new features - and their software does seem to be some way ahead of Jaguar from what I've seen. The I-Pace IMHO is a better car - so Jaguar - why not address this drawback? Please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts