Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the I-Pace computers have fine control of the motor/invertor of the car?

On the Tesla Model 3 the performance model is mostly a software modification on how power is sent to the motors or regenerated and the wave-forms/timing. (Yes, I know the brakes were also upgraded).

Anyway, does the I-Pace computers have enough control that there is a chance to increase the range from the present EPA stated 238 miles to something a bit more? Base on the battery size they should be able to get 280 miles range at-least.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Tesla and Bollinger fan)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
E.C. Pottinger said:

On the Tesla Model 3 the performance model is mostly a software modification on how power is sent to the motors or regenerated and the wave-forms/timing. (Yes, I know the brakes were also upgraded).

Anyway, does the I-Pace computers have enough control that there is a chance to increase the range from the present EPA stated 238 miles to something a bit more? Base on the battery size they should be able to get 280 miles range at-least.

There are many factors - described here under that can explain the EPA figure :

Attachments

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
E.C. Pottinger said:

Your right foot needs programming to drive an EV. Then you will increase your range :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Chewy said:
Your right foot needs programming to drive an EV. Then you will increase your range :)
:lol:

I'm beta testing my 5 digit accelerator appendage update at the moment. Got efficiency up to about 2.7 miles/kWh so still work to be done yet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts