Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum, visited Sytners yesterday to order my first EV, I_Pace Black HSE with all the toys, disappointed to be told can't have HU display. 360 cameras any a few other things due to the chip shortage, would welcome any comments/confirmation that this is the case, thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mark, I ordered my IPace with the same or similar spec on Sept 1st and have been told exactly the same thing. It is quite well known now that the chip shortages are causing problems for just about every car manufacturer at the moment. I read that the problem with the HUD is actually the lenses but mine won't have HUD, Clear Sight mirror or 360 cameras. I am disappointed however it wont stop me purchasing the car, I'm sure I can live without those toys and who knows maybe I'll get them in three years time when I change it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow..things are getting quite bad. Ive hopefully got mine coming in November and its been on order since June. The only thing I've been told is the HUD will be missing. But I've been told other cars are arriving with only one key…..and other things are missing without notice on other models. The dealer has said that if the car arrives and I'm not happy i can have my deposit back because they know they will sell it immediately. Hopefully there will be no surprises in when it finally gets here but it does sort of take the shine off the whole experience though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My SE is coming up to three years old and I was intending to change it in for an HSE, but given the choice between hanging on for another year, or goïng for an HSE minus various bells and whistles, I think I'll wait in the hope that the chip shortage gets resolved. I suspect I'll not be the only one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes I would wait at the moment.

All Jaguar are being supplied with only 1 key as said above - Land Rover are the same. So many options have been removed…..Volvo have lost so much safety tech which is their USP over other marques….. new cars can't come with packs containing cross traffic alerts/steering/ etc etc.

It's a worldwide problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, thanks for your replies, you have confirmed what I have been told, I understand the shortage issue but it's whether I continue with a car listed at over £90k without these nice bits, especially the cameras, I guess i should look into after market options, the HUD isn't so important to me. just a shame JLR seem unable to complete the car when the parts become available, fitting the cameras and display an just "plugging" the chip in when they become available. I guess it's not as straight forward as that. Once again thanks very much

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm wating since early May the front camera replacement (a rock broke the lens in front of the camera but the spare is the whole camera) and I was told Sept 30th for the part to be available but as of today it seems it's not avaialble and I was not given a new estimated delivery date.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think I'd wait. Especially when just a month ago you could pick up a stock MY21 HSE with all the standard toys, a £10k discount, and 4 years 0% finance. Paying a lot more for a MY22 and missing essentials like 3D camera and HUD would feel like a kick in the teeth.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You have to wonder what the impact of the missing kit on used prices of these low spec cars will be.

Whilst I could live without the HUD, no 360 camera or at least Clearview mirror would be a show stopper for me. In fact a 360 camera is an essential feature of any car I would consider these days.

·
Registered
84 Posts
^ I think in future years people wont want them, they'll go for an older or younger model year which does have those features. We certainly would not have bought ours if it did not have the 360 camera ( probably the HUD and clear sight mirrior too).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I've gotten over the issues of missing spec. and ordered Caseum blue HSE black with mushroom performance seats and a whole raft of options. Looking forward to it, a month ago I was all set for an S6 Avant so quite a U turn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts