Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MY21, Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Panorama, Active Air Suspension, Configurable Dynamics
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the plastic base of the driver seat where the adjustment buttons are located makes pretty bad squeaking noises when pressure is added? For example going over bumpy roads where you might wiggle back and forth a little bit in the seat it squeaks. Seems a little flimsy to be honest. I know another I-Pace owner with the same issue as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
A job for Mr Sheen — silicon spray.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the plastic base of the driver seat where the adjustment buttons are located makes pretty bad squeaking noises when pressure is added? For example going over bumpy roads where you might wiggle back and forth a little bit in the seat it squeaks. Seems a little flimsy to be honest. I know another I-Pace owner with the same issue as well.

Hi

Yes I have the same issue , mine are the performance seats its most annoying!!

·
Registered
MY21, Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Panorama, Active Air Suspension, Configurable Dynamics
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m heading in to my local dealer next week. Will report back what they find 👍🏻

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those wondering, the issue was related to the leather where the seat touches the top of the plastic base cover being dried up and rubbing against it, resulting in the squeaky noise. The solution was to apply a simple leather treatment solution inbetween the points where the seat leather touched against the plastic seat base. Not entierly sure what solution they used, but it was one that softens up the leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts