Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considoring to ad steering assistent to the adaptiv cruise control. This function cost 8000 dkr extra. (1000eu) Has anibody her tryed it or is it waist of money? ( it is standard in HSE, but not in S and SE)
Adaptive cruice control is a must for me, it is standard in my golf 7 and I love it!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Oholm said:
I'm considoring to ad steering assistent to the adaptiv cruise control. This function cost 8000 dkr extra. (1000eu) Has anibody her tryed it or is it waist of money? ( it is standard in HSE, but not in S and SE)
Adaptive cruice control is a must for me, it is standard in my golf 7 and I love it!
Search on youtube the video with Bjorn Nyland testing it :lol: - I posted that video a few weeks ago

·
Registered
378 Posts
Steering assistant or at least lane keeping is needed with modern cars with touch screen controls. Helps you to keep your car on your lane when you try to find something from the display throug layers of menus :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Oholm said:
Search on youtube the video with Bjorn Nyland testing it :lol: - I posted that video a few weeks ago
Saw this Video already. I don't know what this guy did at his Drive. On my Test Drive it was working a lot better. I hadn't any single switch off on the Austrian Highway (30km with steering Assistant). Maybe it makes a difference when driving at night or in low light conditions?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmm, I understood that Lane Keep Assist is standard, even on the S and SE. The description states that it "Is designed to detect when the vehicle is unintentionally drifting out of the lane and applies a steering torque to gently guide your vehicle back.". So this does sound to me that the car is already actively steering to stay in its lane. What would the steering assist add to this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
It was steering itself, of course, had my hands on the steering wheel but it kept itself perfectly in line. Accelerated, braked and maintained the distance to the car in Front with all assistent functions enabled. It was quite impressive but I can't give a comparison to Tesla because I have Not yet driven one.
The line Assistent in std S config is not activley steering the car. It just reminds you to stay in line... as I understood from the Cars manual and Jag webpage

·
Registered
325 Posts
d111112 said:
The line Assistent in std S config is not activley steering the car. It just reminds you to stay in line... as I understood from the Cars manual and Jag webpage
Like I wrote before, I would like to challenge that. The description of the (standard) Lane Keep Assistant on the S version is: "Is designed to detect when the vehicle is unintentionally drifting out of the lane and applies a steering torque to gently guide your vehicle back."

So "applies a steering torque to guide your vehicle back" sounds to me that the car steers itself back and is not only reminding me by vibrations or something like that. So then I still wonder what the "Active Steering" would add?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Snoerd said:
So "applies a steering torque to guide your vehicle back" sounds to me that the car steers itself back and is not only reminding me by vibrations or something like that. So then I still wonder what the "Active Steering" would add?
Maybe it's more proactive? So the Assistant waits until you're about to depart from the lane and then makes a correction, while "Active Steering" looks further up the road and aims to keep you in the centre of the lane at all times?

G

·
The SE that I test-drove was only configured for lane departure warning, not full steering assist, which needs to be ordered as an option. This comes as standard on the HSE, and is what is shown functioning in the video above.
It looks to be at least as functional as the Nissan Pro-Pilot system, if not quite as comprehensive as Tesla's autopilot.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would agree. The (UK demonstrator) SE that I drove essentially had lane departure warning. I didn't detect any torque on the steering wheel.

From what I understood you need the Driver Assist pack for it to actively correct course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.