Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m driving home from York, get 5 miles away and the car is showing 7% remaining then a warning light and message to stop safely occurs. Fortunately I can just get off the A34 onto a minor road and pull over to call Jaguar Assistance.

The car is still showing 7% but when engaging Drive, the pedal is unresponsive. So I get out the car lock it, walk away for a few minutes, return to try restarting and now it’s saying 0%.

Earlier in the journey I’d charged on an IONITY unit for 20 minutes and the GOM said 65 miles but the battery was nearly 50%. Then for the next 20 or so miles the range remained stuck at 65 miles before then dropping again.

So I am now sat waiting to be recovered.

Any ideas, folks?

Font Gadget Display device Tree Electronic device

White Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Gas

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd gladly be wrong, but I'd start looking at an early battery cell failure..............Dealer trip and a loan car.......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd gladly be wrong, but I'd start looking at an early battery cell failure..............Dealer trip and a loan car.......
Yikes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T
But at least your driving style is good! Could just need a chat with the engineers laptop. Welcome to I-Pace roulette.....I hope it gets sorted!
Thanks!!

here we go

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the car is back to life. After staying at 0% for an hour (how?) it went to 17% from the 3-pin during the night, is driving fine, no obvious alarms and now on a 50 KWh charger, taking 49 kW.

But confidence is badly damaged. How could the car show 7% range and then experience sudden power loss and then lock/unlock to show 0% ?? This is dangerous and should not happen.

I wonder if there’s any significance in the GOM behaviour after the 15-20 min IONITY rapid charge? I left Leeds showing c50% battery but ONLY 65 miles range, which as I said stayed at 65 for the next 20-30 miles.

Appreciate any advice, guys. I’m going to call Jaguar Assistance again and ask for a mobile tech but they will most likely send me to the dealer.

·
Registered
823 Posts
It's not normal at all that from 7% you get to 0% instantly. Beside that, you said that some other weird numbers were showed while driving so I won't be confident that the problem can vanish after one night.
My bet is either a problem with BMS that cannot evaluate correctly the state of charge of the battery and it goes in protection mode when it thinks the battery is at zero SOC or you have a real problem with one or more cell.
I think a stop at the dealer is mandatory, at least to regain confidence in the car when you will take it back.
You can play a little bit with Torque Pro to read cell unbalance but in any case you won't be able to fix anything.

Reactions: paul_h and Fluff

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jaguar Assistance will come over and run some diagnostics today, this is good news and might save me a visit to the dealer 🤞

Reactions: kermit68

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Extremely helpful JLR tech has spent 90 minutes diagnosing and updating control modules, including the battery supervisor. There are no alarms now so 🤞

·
Registered
582 Posts
Extremely helpful JLR tech has spent 90 minutes diagnosing and updating control modules, including the battery supervisor. There are no alarms now so 🤞
Thanks for the update, are you going to test the 7% and see if it has improved ? (In a safe place)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the update, are you going to test the 7% and see if it has improved ? (In a safe place)
Yeah I guess I should, in a safe place and during business hours so if it isn’t resolved I can get a JLR tech called out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts