Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I currently have a Landrover discovery sport and am considering changing to an I Pace. We have 3 children and I am trying to figure out if we can get 3 car seats across the back? Has anyone done this successfully? They are all in forward facing seats now.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Would wonder if the boot is big enough. Its a fair enough space but not exactly capacious for a big family.

·
Registered
120 Posts
welcome....The middle seat will be the tight spot.... you are literally going to have to try this to be sure. If you can't pop into a dealer then perhaps pop up your location and a helpful near by member may be able to assist you in a demo?

I have tried the DS and its no bigger than an I pace in the rear seats....but only 1 way to be sure. :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I've had both a DS Sport and an I Pace, I think the rear seat space is a little bigger on the DS Sport, (the DS is a little wider externally also) but like others have said, it would be best to check, to be sure.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hi

I currently have a Landrover discovery sport and am considering changing to an I Pace. We have 3 children and I am trying to figure out if we can get 3 car seats across the back? Has anyone done this successfully? They are all in forward facing seats now.

Thanks,
Steve
It really depends on the car seats you have, I wouldn't be able to fit a 3rd in the middle but maybe my car seats are a bit wider not sure. They are actually no longer car seats but booster seats so that my 2 kids (age 8 and 10) sit a bit higher. By Dutch law the oldest actually doesn't need the booster seat anymore but I still want him to use it because with it the seatbelt fits so much better.

Really suggest you follow the suggestion from Electric Beagle and physically try it out. Not just if it fits but also how it fits, how practical and comfortable it is for your kids.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies, I am planning to go to a local showroom and have a good look, just wanted to make sure it was even worth a try based on others experience. I am expecting it to be tight but it seems there is a very limited market for moving across to an EV with 3 children!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately my going to JLR plans have been cancelled as I have just had to go and get a PCR.

Would anyone mind measuring the space in the back between the two narrowest parts of the doors when closed alongside the height at the narrowest point? This will allow me to see if the rivemove system would have any chance of working.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok, the Isofix centres are 27.7cm (probably normal) and the gap between the inner most Isofix‘s is 45cm (centre to centre).
So then, that means the pitch is 27.7 + 45 + 27.7.
Obviously that is equidistance within the 135 previously stated.
Hope that helps but don’t hesitate to shout.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, the Isofix centres are 27.7cm (probably normal) and the gap between the inner most Isofix‘s is 45cm (centre to centre).
that's great, once again thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am so sorry to keep asking, but could you give me the dimension between the two buckles on the centre seat? just speaking with a car seat company to see if they can get something to work.

Thanks in advance once again!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts