Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHy not take up Elon Musk on his invite and let I-Pace owners use the Tesla Superchargers?
I know the EV density is higher in Norway than elsewhere, but the problem with cueing at the normal chargers will spread as EV sales pick up in other countries. In Norway, there are way too few normal EV-chargers.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I totally support this position , since IONITY - the alternative supercharging network -will not deploy enough stations until the end of 2019 .
This is OK for future EQC and ETRON owners but too late when you get an IPACE in 2018.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It is true that Elon Musk has been a big distraction in August ...
However the Tesla sales numbers are quite good since M3 has done better in its premium mid-size sedan segment than Mercedes, BMW, or Audi

·
Registered
67 Posts
Right, but despite terrific sales there are tremendous losses and tremendous debt; and first viable competition is just starting to materialize (cf. I-Pace, and possibly even more significant, the likes of Hyundai Kona EV, etc.).

So, strong sales are not addressing fundamental balance sheet issues and the market is only going to get tougher, more diluted. . .

Erratic CEO doesn't help. Tesla's Board should be contemplating an "Uber" at this point.

Anyway, the real problem is the numbers. . . Just ask one of their ex-Chief Accounting Officers.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I agree the numbers are a key issue in the next 6 months : Tesla has issued convertible bonds in billions USD that can be converted in shares next February only if the share value is above $360.
Regarding competition the EQC will not be on the market before 12 to 18 months ( with rather disappointing specs ) , and today I drove an IPACE in Paris to test its charging capabilities using the public charging network and it turned out that it is almost impossible to use it because the car charger is on the wrong side and does not take triphase AC.
Not to mention the batteries supply problems met by JLR and the others .
In conclusion I hope Tesla will survive and succeed because without Elon Musk I won't be driving an IPACE in 6 weeks

G

·
I echo your conclusion - Good Luck to Elon, his employees, and his customers. They have been influential in our changed level of expectations. Despite all our lively debates aroud the relative merits of the various Tesla models against our chosen I-Pace, both company's products are challenging the status quo, and deserve to succeed.

G

·
If some company can leverage a deal to offer I-Pace vehicles access to the Tesla super-charger network , I would certainly be interested in signing-up

·
Registered
79 Posts
In the mean time you can fast charge almost for free in Holland if you use a Maingau card on Fastned or Allegro DC chargers.
Charging at 50KWh, the price is €0.06 per KW. At 100KWh only €0,03. Not quite as free as a supercharger, but almost there...

·
Registered
40 Posts
In the mean time you can fast charge almost for free in Holland if you use a Maingau card on Fastned or Allegro DC chargers.
Charging at 50KWh, the price is €0.06 per KW. At 100KWh only €0,03. Not quite as free as a supercharger, but almost there...
That is super cheap! How can I get one of those cards?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maingau.de (I think). I signed up, sent an email complaining that I cannot add a non-german bank account. They put me on payment after billing.
Their database is synchronised once a month to Fastned. After that, it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Although I would really appreciate access to the Supercharger network (I have a bank of them not 5 miles from home and they're seldom used), I really can't see Jaguar wanting to be perceived as being reliant on Tesla, as opposed to having a charging network of their own. It would be seen as a sign of weakness by some. I'd see it as a sensible move though - it'd make i-Pace a much more viable option for long-distance journies.

·
Registered
65 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.