Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my ipace on Saturday and have done 250 miles then a knock on the passenger side has developed which is steadily getting more regular so am guessing a bolt has worked loose. Looks like a visit to the dealers will be taking place. Will be interested to learn if anyone else suffers similarly

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi. I have done over 500 miles without any issues. Maybe it might be one off.
What model?
Thanks,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you certain that the transport blocks have been removed fully? They're installed to prevent too much movement whilst squashed into ferries and car carriers etc.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hi. I ve a knock noise 8n the front left side when I ride on speed reducer (so at low speed). I ve air suspension. Does anyone have the same. Never had air suspension so maybe it's normal ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes I have the same - a knock when going over speed bumps. Air suspension.
It's actually almost a squeak - initially I though it might be a stiff suspension component but it hasn't improved.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As an update. The vehicle went in last week to be inspected having gone on a test drive so the mechanic could experience the issue. Having recently caught up on the issues with the half shaft (my VIN falling within the problematic ones!) I could well imagine that it is the half shaft rather than the suspension components, although the dealer has said it was a couple of bolts and rubber seat which parts were being ordered for.
Whilst they had it they put one software update on, with another still to be uploaded whilst there has also been a recall on the rubber strips to the doors, some of which have allowed water in and have had to be redesigned and are to be installed to mine next week when it goes back in.
STILL A VERY HAPPY OWNER THOUGH!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tophe74 said:
Hi. I ve a knock noise 8n the front left side when I ride on speed reducer (so at low speed). I ve air suspension. Does anyone have the same. Never had air suspension so maybe it's normal ?
Yes, that is the same as mine although I am running coils rather than air, which leads me to think it is not the suspension but rather the half shaft issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well got my car back Friday having had repairs done. All seems good but the dealer did say they were going to replace the shock absorber as well because it was leaking slightly.
They didn't seem to know about the half shaft issue so only did the repairs they had identified

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have the same issue. Dealer is not allowed to deliver the car to me and it has been standing at the dealer for weeks now. No communication on an eta for a solution

·
Registered
17 Posts
What's the latest on this topic, is there a solution?

·
Registered
140 Posts
For my air suspension SE I was told by my dealer that the clonk on front suspension rebound is a known issue and Jaguar are expecting a fix to be available near the end of the year.
That said I think it is happening less often recently.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had a grumbling noise from the air suspension. Yesterday I moved it to off-road mode briefly and it made a bit of a creaking noise. Then I moved back down to normal and the creaking noise continued as the car moved. I phone Jaguar Assistance who said that this should not be the case and sent an engineer.

It seems that the air bags that the car sits on were rubbing against a cross bar, and the car is now in dock to sort it out. If you have a creaking sound it could result in damage to the bag so you should get your car seen to as soon as possible.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.