Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
endoman said:
I switched a few weeks ago, painless, once smart meters installed I will be going onto the Go Tariff as the 4 hours a night will be plenty for my charging needs. As a family we likely use too much between 4 and 7 to use agile. It's already cheaper than my previous supplier before the night time use thing,

Referral code here should you go down the Octopus route, 50 quid credit on your account.

https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126
Thanks for the referral code!
I have just signed up (switching from Ecotricity) and my referral code for others is: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-sage-191

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've now received by first bill from Octo but it only contained the gas element, no mention or sight of electricity. Anyone able to shed any light on this (they are definitely supplying the electricity)?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Still waiting for January bill , December was average 12p/kWh some periods before that around 8 or 9p/kWh

·
Registered
206 Posts
slowlane said:
endoman said:
I switched a few weeks ago, painless, once smart meters installed I will be going onto the Go Tariff as the 4 hours a night will be plenty for my charging needs. As a family we likely use too much between 4 and 7 to use agile. It's already cheaper than my previous supplier before the night time use thing,

Referral code here should you go down the Octopus route, 50 quid credit on your account.

https://share.octopus.energy/funny-prawn-126
Thanks for the referral code!
I have just signed up (switching from Ecotricity) and my referral code for others is: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-sage-191
Thanks for using the code, always nice when a surprise referral comes through. Need it after how much the family have had the heating on!

·
Registered
134 Posts
TheBook said:
I've now received by first bill from Octo but it only contained the gas element, no mention or sight of electricity. Anyone able to shed any light on this (they are definitely supplying the electricity)?
Hi ,

I switched to Octopus Go a while ago, and the billings have been a bit patchy. I moved from an estimated but fixed Direct Debit to their Variable Direct Debit system at the end of last year.

Like you my last invoice from Octopus was for the Gas element only, and when I queried it I was told that they had been having trouble with the half-hourly readings from my smart meters. I have been advised that they are now receiving the half-hourly readings and that they are in the process of preparing my electricity invoice.

During February my IHD6 device stopped getting readings from the smart meters, even though they are only about 5 feet away! However the IHD6 device reset itself and I've not had an issue since. Can't help but think the two issues are related.

It might be worth your while sending a query to Ocopus Go asking them about your missing electricity bill, and you might also want to get them to confirm that they have been and still are receiving the half-hourly readings from your meters.

I've found that the Octopus Go Customer Service team (although they don't always respond immediately) have been pretty helpful so far and usually get back within a day or so.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Nigel

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's probably technology problems at their end, with Agile I am sending back at least 48 readings every day, processing that for thousands of customers takes a lot of processing power. The readings I get day by day on the website are logical so they are getting all the readings, maybe the guy who knows how it all works has got Covid problems.

·
Registered
131 Posts
NigelC said:
TheBook said:
Hi ,

I switched to Octopus Go a while ago, and the billings have been a bit patchy. I moved from an estimated but fixed Direct Debit to their Variable Direct Debit system at the end of last year.

Like you my last invoice from Octopus was for the Gas element only, and when I queried it I was told that they had been having trouble with the half-hourly readings from my smart meters. I have been advised that they are now receiving the half-hourly readings and that they are in the process of preparing my electricity invoice.

During February my IHD6 device stopped getting readings from the smart meters, even though they are only about 5 feet away! However the IHD6 device reset itself and I've not had an issue since. Can't help but think the two issues are related.

It might be worth your while sending a query to Ocopus Go asking them about your missing electricity bill, and you might also want to get them to confirm that they have been and still are receiving the half-hourly readings from your meters.

I've found that the Octopus Go Customer Service team (although they don't always respond immediately) have been pretty helpful so far and usually get back within a day or so.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Nigel
Thanks for the response, I can see the half hour readings in the app, so I assume there isn't a problem. I've already sent a message to them querying, just wanted to see if others have experienced the same. I'm sure it will sort itself out...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I had a similar problem with no electricity appearing on my bill. I ended up contacting them via Twitter and they fixed it. I also had to ask them to sync up my gas and electric bill as they were different billing dates for some odd reason. They did all of that but just be aware you'll get a large electric bill when they sort it out. Mine was about 6 months. We were paying by direct debit anyway so the account had enough credit in it to cover the bill but it could cause an issue if you underestimated your electricity use when you set up the account.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks, that's exactly the scenario I want to avoid. I've manually uplifted my direct debit amount to cover such eventuality (hopefully)...

·
Registered
684 Posts
The billing process with Agile is obviously not entirely automatic, maybe manual daily checking is needed or maybe the daily totals are not matching the overall meter readings and a lot of accounts are having to be reviewed. I must check the meter readings to make sure I'm on track.

·
Registered
160 Posts
We only have the electric with Octopus Go. The Bar graph of electric use is every half hour and never misses out. Always about 24hrs behind. With my timer on the Podpoint charger always use the 4 hours at 5p 😊
Just waiting for my Solar panels and battery setup now.
Thanks to all those who have used my referral code for the £50 each.

·
Registered
684 Posts
echovid said:
'm not sure if it is a yes on the Agile Tariff as you are selling electric back to Octopus at selected times of day.
Octopus Agile prices are excruciating now at least double that of 12 months ago, Octopus Go 5p/kWh for 4 hours will suit many, how long that us going to be available I'm not sure because energy prices have risen sharply.

·
Registered
160 Posts
echovid said:
'm not sure if it is a yes on the Agile Tariff as you are selling electric back to Octopus at selected times of day.
echovid
All electric company's have ramped up there prices :(
My Podpoint with it's timed charging works well with Octopus Go tariff.
Just had some solar panels/batteries installed and use the granny charger to do some toping up, when the sun shines. Can add 40-50 miles on a sunny day and run the house :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Al's Ipace said:
All electric company's have ramped up there prices :(
My Podpoint with it's timed charging works well with Octopus Go tariff.
Just had some solar panels/batteries installed and use the granny charger to do some toping up, when the sun shines. Can add 40-50 miles on a sunny day and run the house :)
I'm waiting for my home storage batteries to be installed. There is a huge shortage of batteries at the moment. I'm also getting a Heat Pump installed in September. I'll be able to run my home in winter on the cheap rate electricity.
Leccy will continue to increase in price. Even more, while we use so much gas to generate it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey all,
Instead of starting a new topic thought I'll rather continue here. I've been with Octopus Go for nearly a year (with off peak 4hrs @5p) and as my current fixed tariff is coming to an end, I'm just wondering if any of you'd recommend alternative energy suppliers in the UK who may have similar off peak set up like Octopus. Prices have gone insanely high so I'm not too sure who I could choose. It looks like octopus not offering me the night time tariff option anymore so I'm ready to move out. Please suggest if you have had good experiences with other suppliers charging your EVs, thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It's generally not a good idea to switch at the moment as most companies are not taking new customers on variable rates where the price cap applies.

·
Registered
46 Posts
electric beagle said:
It's generally not a good idea to switch at the moment as most companies are not taking new customers on variable rates where the price cap applies.
Thanks and that's what Octopus suggested too

21 - 40 of 42 Posts