Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I successfully program the tailgate opening without any issue. Now, I'm fully sure, the tailgate won't hit the garage door ! But I took too much margin, the tailgate opening is by far to low and I hit my head every single day.
So I tried to either reset the opening to full height or set it to a different height. But without success.
Looking at the french manual or the english manual does not help. The steps are identical.
I tried following the guidance with either the key opening button, either the tailgate open button, either the tailgate close button. No matter the sequence I used, it changes nothing !

Did anyone succeed? If yes, can you share the steps in a more comprehensive manner than the manual. And Ideally specifiying which precise button was used (key open, tailgate open, tailgate close...)
Many many thanks in advance. I tend to be desperate.

·
Registered
163 Posts
For what its worth, I did the same thing and have suffered similar head trauma. :)

I haven't tried to reset the height though, since I now have the center console screens of death problem. I'll try to let you know what I find out when the car is back from the shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the forum Q&A effect.
Right after having posted the question.
I went again to the car and tried again. Immediate success. That car will make me crazy.

Below are the exact steps I just did. I do not see the difference with the steps in the manual. Nevertheless, that time I succeed

1/ Leave the car parked and closed for a long time.
2/ Open the car with the driver's door button
3/ Open the driver's door
4/ Open the tailgate with the tailgate button
5/ move the tailgate to the desired position
6/ wait without touching the tailgate for 5 seconds or more. Roughly 15sec in my case
7/ Hit and hold the close tailgate button until you hear a bip then release the button
---> tada
8/ hit again the close button
9/ hit the open. It works pretty fine !!

Incredible. I'm sure I did these precises steps minimum 20 times before starting random tryouts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've just started having a similar problem - for some inexplicable reason the tailgate opens fully and then begins to close again, stopping in 3/4 open position - hitting me on the head each time it does it - I'm sure I'll learn! I've attempted to reset it to its fully open position by following the instructions, and the steps outlined by @amemo06 above to no avail.
Can anyone offer some help? I"m getting increasingly frustrated each time I attempt and that certainly isn't helping ;)

·
Registered
MY20, HSE + Air suspension, Firenze Red
69 Posts
Open the "iguide" phone app, search for "tailgate opening height" and read the instructions . . . ..

.rs

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, I successfully program the tailgate opening without any issue. Now, I'm fully sure, the tailgate won't hit the garage door ! But I took too much margin, the tailgate opening is by far to low and I hit my head every single day.
Could you have stuck a foam pad onto the garage door?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts