Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my I-Pace from the garage today, where besides a new 12V battery, the car also got some software updates.
And as part of this the car got TCU 20.2 software version. Also for the first time in my car, I have a display for the BECM software.
The dealer actually did not want to do a TCU software update unless I give a "good reason", which was the "loss of WiFi connectivity at my WiFi AP at home".
That convinced them to do the update. Actually I expected to finally get TCU 19.2 which never showed up as a SOTA in my car that was on TCU 17.2 since Oct. 2019.
Communication Device Gadget Font Mobile device Screenshot

In WattCat it looks like this:

Rectangle Font Magenta Sky Electric blue

In dernottes webpage
https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html
these details are showing up, left column before the update (TCU 17.2) right column when done.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

Does anyone have a Jaguar document for TCU20.2 that shows what has changed?

UPDATE Nov. 27th
After having TCU 20.2 implemented by the dealer, the car came up constantly with the Software "update" for the TCU19.2 !!
After postponing this a couple of times, yesterday I accidently hit the "Download" button :oops: and was in the update cycle for the TCU software.
Gadget Font Rectangle Display device Screenshot

Computer Gadget Font Screenshot Display device

Now, I ended up with the "downgraded" TCU19.2. Well, I do not know, what I am really missing now.
This is the status now after the downgrade or update.... whatever you want to call it.

Font Screenshot Gadget Technology Software

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been on 19.2 and CK-AAE-BC-AC-BE for a while now. Looks like I'm missing a BECS update unless there are different systems between Europe and the US. I'm still waiting for the latest InControl update to show up.

Audio receiver Personal luxury car Gadget Audio equipment Font

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been on 19.2 and CK-AAE-BC-AC-BE for a while now. Looks like I'm missing a BECS update unless there are different systems between Europe and the US. I'm still waiting for the latest InControl update to show up.

All of the recent OTA BECS updates I've seen delivered have only bumped the first two digits to CK, which is one of 3 software modules. Based on that, you likely aren't eligible for the update.
InControl updates are slowly rolled out in phases that can last weeks or months. If you don't want to wait, you can call your local dealer or JLR customer service and have them push it to you within Topix.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine was in for a service today and came back with 20.2 installed. It didn’t happen OTA because the job they didn’t complete was replacing the SIM card reader.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The TCU software version on mine reads L8B2-70712-AX on WattCatt. Not sure whether this is the latest.
Could anyone shine some light on this please.
My TCU version reads the same on WattCat.
And I had a search on this forum and someone has reported that it is the 17.2 version!!!

Not sure whether I should get it upgraded and how I can get it upgraded!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My TCU version reads the same on WattCat.
And I had a search on this forum and someone has reported that it is the 17.2 version!!!

Not sure whether I should get it upgraded and how I can get it upgraded!
The L8B2-70712-AX seems to be the rare TCU17.2 version. Only a few cars got the TCU17.2 because the TCU18.2 version was released shortly after.
To my knowledge, it can only be updated by the dealer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine was in for a service today and came back with 20.2 installed. It didn’t happen OTA because the job they didn’t complete was replacing the SIM card reader.
Good to hear my car is not the only one that got 20.2. However, the OTA that popped up all the time after the upgrade to 20.2 rolled it back to 19.2. See my edited original post.
Watch out for a SOTA to come!
BTW: My car shows no OTA for the IMC S21B update yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts