Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya. Do any of our friends in the Netherlands know how the Tesla supercharger pilot is going please? I’ve asked my MP to take this up with the Ministry of Transport and energy with a view to discussing with Elon Musk a similar roll-out in the UK. Thanks. Clive.

·
Registered
2018 HSE Silicon Silver with the F-Type interior
39 Posts
The Tesla CCS cable is too short to reach an iPace / Audi. This causes some weird parking to avoid taking up two spaces.
I did not spot any non-tesla's when i was charging, while there is plenty of capacity at the superchargers .
You need a 12 euro monthly Tesla subscription to get the discount charge rate (66cents to 26 cents per kWh).
The pay per charge by creditcard works good, although the first time you charge at supercharger will take you a while to figure it all out / set up account.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Although I am aware of the availability of the tesla SUC for non-tesla EVs it is not that useful for many Dutch EV-owners:
  • the Netherlands is small, so range is not that often an issue. With a little bit of fast-charging you will get home again.
  • the stalls are very tesla specific in design (see FFW). You will be ICE-ing one stall with an EV :unsure:
  • without a subscription SHELL-recharge is way cheaper. Also Maingau is cheaper (or comparable) @Fastned.
  • SUCs are not always the best option location-wise. Plenty of Fastned

When on holiday I can imagine it can be very useful, for example for German tourist, as I would like to see availability of tesla SUC in Germany, France, Denmark, Norway etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just want the various non-Tesla networks to roll out faster and more reliable chargers. For example, Instavolt is pretty good (50kW), and Shell Recharge (up to 150kW, but rare so far). But weighing down the scale on the other side is e.g. Ecotricity, many of whose chargers are out of action at any given time.
It is REALLY irritating to arrive at a major service area and find a 10-charger Tesla array, but a single, broken Ecotricity or other charger for the rest of us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts