Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a very happy Tesla Model S owner in Norway since early 2014 (placed my order in August 2013). The Tesla is a fabolous driver's car, and going back to a piston engine is unthinkable. However, I've always dreamed of a Jaguar, so when the I-Pace was announced I immediatley went ahead and signed a contract.

In 2018 I will have three teenage daughters, so the one thing that might be a dealbreaker for me is the seating arrangement. The Model S is incredibly spacious, while the F-Pace appears to be a relatively tiny four seater. The interior shots of the I-Pace so far are not very promising, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they make it a proper five seater. If not, I might go for a Model X.

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Welcome along.

Also from what I understand being developed as an electric car allows for better packaging and this should equal more room inside.

It's hard to tell from the concept car, I can guarantee the seating won't look anything like that...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't see the problem, one girl gets the Tesla, one gets the I-Pace and you can buy a Mission-E for the last girl.

Now you can relax at home in prefect peace knowing your girls can pick up any guy they want.

What can go wrong?

PS. And you have the most attractive driveway in the neighborhood.

G

·
It has not been the most important point in my own decision, but when I checked out the rear passenger seating in the Model S, I found it terrible - the seat-to-floor height is really low, so you sit with your knees well up in the air, with little or no under-leg support. When I then checked the I-Pace rear passenger accommodation (on a first edition with 18-way adjustable front seats), I found that the rear seating was really good in comparison, improved further with the front seats raised, to give additional under seat room for stretching out.
If you need to drive frequently, or long-distance, with rear seat passengers, I would definitely recommend ditching the Model S, and going for the I-Pace. Only question may be that the middle seat headroom is limited slightly, by the overhead light housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts