1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Tesla Destination chargers supposedly also charge faster than normal 7KWh Level 2 chargers. So, having a TeslaTap at home WITH a Tesla charger on a 50Amp circuit will give you more miles into the battery per hour than a normal J1772 Level 2 charger (which run on 30 Amp circuits).

·
Registered
41 Posts
WattAJag said:
The Tesla Destination chargers supposedly also charge faster than normal 7KWh Level 2 chargers. So, having a TeslaTap at home WITH a Tesla charger on a 50Amp circuit will give you more miles into the battery per hour than a normal J1772 Level 2 charger (which run on 30 Amp circuits).
Isn't this limited by the on-board charger on the car? The I-Pace charger I believe is 7.2 kWh so won't that be the maximum that it can draw?

·
Registered
297 Posts
What we have not been told is if the Jaguar on-board charger will accept 277vac. Some Tesla HPWC's can be set to 277vac (it's one leg of a 3-phase industrial 480vac supply).

Best I can tell from JLR is the onboard is 32 amps, or 7.7 kW when fed a 240vac 1-ph supply. A wall EVSE cannot change the supply voltage, only the amps.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Interesting sidebar - The Prototype i-Paces came with a dual pigtail EVSE. One was NEMA 5-15 (120v) and the other was NEMA 14-50 (240v). I personally checked this on two prototypes, and they are Jaguar PN J9D3-10C794-AA. This is much more useful EVSE to carry in your car. The 10a unit is a bad joke. Like filling a swimming pool by spitting in it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Last note, IIRC, and I could be wrong, the Euro spec Tesla HPWC is different. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ryzvy said:
WattAJag said:
Isn't this limited by the on-board charger on the car? The I-Pace charger I believe is 7.2 kWh so won't that be the maximum that it can draw?
What's weird about this is that I did not write what is quoted to me ... ?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
WattAJag said:
ryzvy said:
WattAJag said:
What's weird about this is that I did not write what is quoted to me ... ?
Who wrote the 3rd message in the chain?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts