Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Test Drive Today Order Tomorrow

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Feldmm 
#1 ·
Test drove one today while at the Dealer with my wife's E-Pace. Going to place deposit tomorrow for delivery early next year to replace my XJ 3.0D R-Sport.

Will probably order an SE spec, it seems the obvious choice, the upgrade cost to HSE doesn't seem good value?

What do people think?

G
#2 ·
I found that when I had spec'd up the SE to be what I wanted, it was pushing well above the HSE price. Also, I put a high personal value on the 'Driver Assist Pack', which was only available on the HSE and above. Having said that it is very much what your budget will stretch to.

#4 ·
Thanks for the input, driver assist pack is not of much interest, unless I am missing something it only gives you steering assist and 360 camera compared to the drive pack of the SE?

I have 360 camera on my XJ and apart from the novelty for the first few days has been of zero value.

Having said that for £950 I might go for it....

The car I drove was SE spec and it felt great!

#5 ·
I went for an SE. To my mind, too much of the price difference between the SE and the HSE goes into the seats and the sound system. Both of which are more than adequate for my needs in SE spec. Rather than add the driver assist pack, I just added the 360 camera for £500. The camera was the only standard on the HSE item I added. However, I then went on to add a load of other items that are also extra cost on the HSE.

To be honest I'm not that far off the price of an FE, but I elected not to go for one as I don't like the limited FE colour, interior trim and wheel choice.

Still, we're all different and I totally respect other people's reasoning and choices.

My new 'revised' delivery date is October.

#6 ·
mikew said:
I went for an SE. To my mind, too much of the price difference between the SE and the HSE goes into the seats and the sound system. Both of which are more than adequate for my needs in SE spec. Rather than add the driver assist pack, I just added the 360 camera for £500. The camera was the only standard on the HSE item I added. However, I then went on to add a load of other items that are also extra cost on the HSE.

To be honest I'm not that far off the price of an FE, but I elected not to go for one as I don't like the limited FE colour, interior trim and wheel choice.

Still, we're all different and I totally respect other people's reasoning and choices.

My new 'revised' delivery date is October.
It is certainly worthwhile to try different configuration methods - for example it you want everything that an SE has except the 20" wheels you are cheaper off starting with an S and adding the individual items - that saves you approx €1160 (in NL configurator).

Similar applies for SE to HSE - in NL configurator the extra cost of HSE is €6,060 for that you get standard extra:
- Better looking rims - added to SE is €1,016
- Matrix headlights - added to SE is €915 (FYI these seems to be supply problem with matrix headlights)
- Windsor leather - added to SE is €3,754
- Meridian Surround - added to SE is €1,017
- Drive assist pack - added to SE is €810

So for that €6,060 extra you get options worth €7,512 but if you do not want to Leather upgrade the HSE is more expensive and you indeed are better off to take the SE and only add the options you really want.

#7 ·
- Better looking rims - added to SE is €1,016
Thank you Jelle v/d Meer, I forgot it costs more to upgrade to 22" wheels from the SE, so that is effectively a second HSE standard item I added.

It is the price of the HSE seats that is the stumbling block for me. The SE comes with leather seats already and 10 way electric adjustment with memory. Coming from a BMW X5 40e that is all I am used to having and I think all I need.

Still, it is good to have so much choice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.