• <t>Higher than I expected.</t>

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • <t>Didn't really think about it.</t>

Votes: 1 3.1%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I was "hoping" for £65k for a high spec, as that was my budget, so now I have to consider either base model or waiting 1-2years and getting a second hand vehicle.

However, if I'm honest with myself, I probably expected Jaguar to price around this area.

£80k for a top end spec, that will feel 100 times more luxurious than a Model X 75D for £73k (basic).

It should clean up that high end SUV market, with currently no competition!

·
Registered
64 Posts
By the time you configure it to an acceptable spec level it is starting to feel a bit top-endish to me, but that would be in comparison to what I've been used to buying in the past and particularly comparing it to my current F-Pace which I think represents excellent value . . so, to be fair, maybe it's not bad compared to a Tesla, but I happen to think they're way too expensive for what they are anyway . . . maybe I'm just expecting too much?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was a little annoyed at the higher than expected cost was told £55k, but I think the cost of £64k deduct £4.5k for government grant and around £60k...if my maths are correct.., which is around £5k more expensive than I had budgeted..feel a little let down to be honest...think there will be any dealer discount..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GeordieLee said:
I was a little annoyed at the higher than expected cost was told £55k, but I think the cost of £64k deduct £4.5k for government grant and around £60k...if my maths are correct.., which is around £5k more expensive than I had budgeted..feel a little let down to be honest...think there will be any dealer discount..
The website has said 10-15% more than a equivalent powered F-Pace. Considering that the top 3.0L engine starts at £54K, add 15% and you get £62K.

Then add the fact that there is no 400bhp F-Pace so even the about example it's not "equivalent power".

My main shock was the options costs. You can add £7k to an F-Pace and get almost all the things most people want. The options on the I-Pace is just nuts in terms I'd costs. My 22" wheels on the F were a £1600 upgrade, on the I-Pace they are £4000!!!!!!!

So base cost for me was expected but the options are insanely high, and £10-15k is easy to rack up very fast!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree..and have worked through all the specs and comparing the running costs (savings on petrol and annual ved (although still need to pay £310 for the next 5 years).

I believe on the quick finances I have done when looking at the HSE spec that this is a net £15k premium (after deducting the government grant and running costs) over 5 years excluding depreciations.

I think I will wait get another petrol/hybrid car (looking at e/f-pace) as my worry is that battery technology is still too young and will change rapidly over the next few years and with very few 100kw chargers seems ahead of its time. l may even buy a second hand ipace in two years.. that's the plan anyway.

·
Administrator
155 Posts
I think I agree with the above. £60k is what all the mags have been saying for the past few months, it's the extras where it starts to stack up.
That said, I think this needs to be compared to a Tesla rather than the F-Pace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like Jaguar are taking full advantage of the demand/supply laws. In reality it won't so much be the likely demand that has dictated price, it's their inability for quite some time to be able to build these in any sensible quantity. If say over the next 12 months they can only build 1,000 cars a month for the whole world, then even although the car is highly priced, they'll still have people queuing up. I put down my reservation fee 15 months ago. I am disappointed that the price has come out about £5k higher than I had expected (based on the Norway price lists shown here in January). However later this morning I will speak to my dealer and formalise my order.

Given that I have a 3 year old well equipped XF S, there would be no way I would want to take anything less options wise on the IPACE. So although the First Edition has a few extras that I would never specifically choose in addition to the HSE standard set, it is just a few and I may end up going for that 1st edition. An e-mail from the dealer a couple of days ago stated they would likely get their 1st showroom model in September, I will be interested to see whether my delivery would beat that? In reality I am not in a rush, so another few months would be no big deal

·
Registered
478 Posts
I agree that the extras like the fancy wheels are rather expensive but when I bought my F-Pace the total cost was £63k so I was expecting it to be a price in that order. I have been playing with the configurator and its very easy to get a price well in excess of £70k! But by making a few minor sacrifices have managed to keep the total to £68,545. I have done that by taking an S and keeping the rather boring base wheels and not specifying the upgraded headlights or folding mirrors. I'm most interested in ride comfort so 18in wheels and air suspension are a high priority for me. I think that it should be possible to find some very good value replacement wheels later on - perhaps second hand from an XF or XE in which case I will consider keeping the standard wheels for use with a set of winter tyres.
The thing I will miss most from my F-Pace is the cooled seats in summer! If the cloth seats were a no cost option I would have chosen them but they are ridiculously expensive, I think leather is over rated and would prefer cloth.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Was Looking at the I-Pace configurator at the S, SE and HSE, I'm a snob and like a few gadgets and if I went with the S and added gadgets it would almost be the SE with a few extras but it's just the cost I cant get over at the moment, think I'd prefer the I-Pace over the Tesla Model 3 but have a year old Toyota CHR at the moment so will see further down the road what happens.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Superb car - beautiful and will be a huge success.
I promised myself I would not pay more than £65K.
Specced an SE to everything I have at the moment - air suspension being a total necessity - and it came out at £74K.
Too much. £10K too much, so I'm out and buying another car and a BMW i3 with the change.
Good luck all of you who are going ahead, wish I could justify it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been looking into the finances. Configured another JLR car at the same price and see that the PCP payments are over 30% higher?

What's going on? Higher interest rate and, more importantly, Jaguar are very pessimistic about retained values - the final payment suggests that the I-Pace drops in value by £10K more than the Velar? Does this put me off a bit?

PCP by Denis McLinden, on Flickr

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

On Jag site optional 3 year purchase payment is £33,003 (for base model iPace @ £63495) so retained 3 year value estimate is 52%...but with £4500 Government grant (i.e. purchase price of £58,995) comes to 56%.

Not too bad but overal cost of car over 3 year period comes to £72,054....Ouch.

Cheers,

·
Registered
478 Posts
Last night I spent some time working on the configurator to compare the cost of the car I would end up with if I specified the minimum I would be happy with starting with an S, an SE and a HSE and although the total was frighteningly high (in each case over £75k) I was surprised to find that the difference between the models is so small; the SE came out £525 more than the S and the HSE was £1,835 more than the S. Compared with £75k those small differences are not worth worrying about and with the HSE I would end up with much better wheels . Now I just have to get used to the idea of spending that much on a car!

·
Registered
478 Posts
There have been several mentions of a grant from the UK government for EV's does anyone know if the quoted price already includes that grant?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts