• <t>Other (BEV/Hybrid)</t>

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • <t>No need</t>

Votes: 5 17.9%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first put down my deposit on an I-Pace, my highest 'range expectation' amounted to being able to drive it (on occasions), from my home, NW of London, to Paris (a distance of around 550km), expecting only to make a one or two 'natural' charge stops en route. Already a number of forum members are making that look like child's play, knocking it out of the park with journeys approaching 1000km.

Despite gaining confidence in the I-Pace's capabilities, I believe our household will continue to maintain a foothold in the ICE world for the foreseeable future.

But what kind of a foothold should that be? Do I hanker after a past classic? Or will I look for cross-continent-capable long-distance grand tourer? Maybe my wife will demand a small and nimble two-seater sports convertible? Or a fully capable Range Rover 4x4 (or equivalent Land Cruiser)?

I wonder what other forum members thoughts are&#8230;

Maybe you even plan for the second car to be another electric? A small car like the BMW i3, that is likely to be easier to park and maneuver through narrow city streets (or torturous underground car-parks), or even the Tesla Model S, which, with its supercharger network access, you may consider does offer all the continent-crossing capability you'll ever need, even if it might not always be your 'ride of choice'.

So, I thought I would pose the question as a survey&#8230;

·
Registered
528 Posts
2-seater sports car (Lotus Exige), because it's fun.
iPace is the family car.
For the very few longer trips we do, we'll manage by planning, take a bit more time, and enjoy the ride.
We don't do any significant commuting.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My wife's LR Discovery 4, for the next 5 years at least. Because we have 6 grandchildren, and a second home in Haute Savoie. We seldom drive more than 100 miles/day, but when we do, it is 700 miles, heavily laden, often in one day. Plus other occasional destinations once or twice a year, c400 miles. These trips are just too hard in a BEV at present.
However, I am hopeful that the I-Pace will become our vehicle of choice for all trips within its capabilities (range, seats, capacity), reducing our use of the Disco.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Not a car but a Motorcycle. I ride my Triumph Trophy SE all year. The current one (Aug 2016 reg) has over 25K miles on the clock all done by me.
70mg on long trips. Never less than 60mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts