Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
321 - 340 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have just see an article on 9to5mac.com about a tesla app being refused on the App Store because it is using an unofficial 3rd party API, and it requires a written consent from Tesla now.

"Apple contacted Hansen to say that the app could not be accepted due to the use of an unofficial third-party API. The company has argued that the only way to have an app with an unofficial third party API approved in the App Store is by having the written consent of the owner of that service, which in this case is Tesla."

·
Registered
779 Posts
Terrible news

·
Registered
485 Posts
You can host a "proxy" JLR API server, and hit that proxy from the IOS app. Then, you will be able to sign the paper for the proxy API access. I don't think Apple needs a sign off on the full chain of API calls.

·
Registered
201 Posts
johnnyhush said:
Just pushed another update with the following additions:

- Added "Show on a map" option to the Stats page. You can now get the map view not just for one trip, but for an entire time period (e.g today, yesterday, this week, past week, this month, etc).

- WatchOS: Added Siri support. You can now use the same Siri commands on your watch.
This great! Many thanks!

Best, Rob

·
Registered
201 Posts
johnnyhush said:
JLR wouldn't allow that. They would be able to see all requests are coming from that "proxy" server, and would probably ban the IP address range, or use other means to stop it.
Does this mean you'll not be able to get MyPace approved and on the official Apple App Store? If so, I'm sure many of the folk on this forum (including me) would be happy to lobby JLR to grant you permission to use the API. Not sure if it'd work, but worth trying...

Best, Rob

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Hey Rob,

I think it's best to keep improving the app and adding more features, and thank you all for helping me out and providing with some great feedback.

We can keep it in TestFlight for now, and those rules might change over time, let's wait and see.

The good news is that we can have up to 10000 (ten thousand) testers on TestFlight, which should be sufficient for the foreseeable future :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
johnnyhush said:
Hey Rob,

I think it's best to keep improving the app and adding more features, and thank you all for helping me out and providing with some great feedback.

We can keep it in TestFlight for now, and those rules might change over time, let's wait and see.

The good news is that we can have up to 10000 (ten thousand) testers on TestFlight, which should be sufficient for the foreseeable future :)
:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Quick update related to the "Stats" tab: I've noticed that JLR API doesn't save a trip if the consumption is negative (i.e more energy was generated during the trip vs energy spent).

That is very rare / almost impossible for longer distance trips, but if you're on a holiday, high up in the mountains, and decide to drive down to get some food, you'll notice that the SoC is a few % more compared to when you left, and also that the JLR API didn't save your trips.

This isn't MyPace specific - those trips don't appear in the official app (or website).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just downloaded looks good, couple of questions sorry if they've been asked before.

How do you change to Imperial figures and how do you change the SOC from 80% to 100%

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jlr no3 said:
Just downloaded looks good, couple of questions sorry if they've been asked before.

How do you change to Imperial figures and how do you change the SOC from 80% to 100%
Just managed to change the SOC from 80% - 100% so it's just changing the units now

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Jlr no3 said:
Jlr no3 said:

Just managed to change the SOC from 80% - 100% so it's just changing the units now
It in the Apple settings app. Open settings, scroll down to MyPace and tap it. Units are at the bottom.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've signed up today.
Hope to help testing it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Thank you all for testing and providing me with great feedback!

One of the sticking points for many was the background mic usage, and crashes some people got when running the Limit SoC / Scheduled Charge / Camper mode, etc. Those crashes usually happened after mic interruptions, such as phone calls, when using certain bluetooth audio devices.

There was even one user who wanted to have a MyPace background process while he was driving another car, and because MyPace was using the mic, the other car wouldn't play audio from this phone.

Recently I've been working on another option for these long lasting background tasks, which wouldn't require mic usage, but would use location background mode.

I'd like to get some feedback here if there's anyone who'd really like to keep using the mic workaround, because I'm thinking whether I should replace the whole mic background usage with location stuff, or offer both options.
The benefit of offering just one is simplicity and it's less error prone, i.e less bugs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
johnnyhush said:
Thank you all for testing and providing me with great feedback!

One of the sticking points for many was the background mic usage, and crashes some people got when running the Limit SoC / Scheduled Charge / Camper mode, etc. Those crashes usually happened after mic interruptions, such as phone calls, when using certain bluetooth audio devices.

There was even one user who wanted to have a MyPace background process while he was driving another car, and because MyPace was using the mic, the other car wouldn't play audio from this phone.

Recently I've been working on another option for these long lasting background tasks, which wouldn't require mic usage, but would use location background mode.

I'd like to get some feedback here if there's anyone who'd really like to keep using the mic workaround, because I'm thinking whether I should replace the whole mic background usage with location stuff, or offer both options.
The benefit of offering just one is simplicity and it's less error prone, i.e less bugs.

Thanks!
Can't speak for everyone, but from my perspective I don't particularly care how it works as long as it works! The microphone workaround has always worked well, but if you have another method that works better for you for whatever reason, that's absolutely fine. I don't have any those edge cases you talk about so for me, lack of audio or interruptions due to phone calls has never been an issue. But I'm all for simplicity so personally I'd say pick a method that you feel works best and use that one only.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First, thank you for this excellent app. Watch app is superb also. I would prefer Location vs. Mic to keep active. I use microphone for dictation instead of typing. Also, for me, location is less of a "security exposure" (no offense intended) than the microphone. I would rather that people know where I am than what I am saying, ha, ha.

321 - 340 of 490 Posts