Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 HSE Borasco Grey, 20" 5750 Alloys, 3D Surround Camera, Pano Roof, HUB, Windsor Leather
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help? Month one with my MY21 IPACE and I now have a Podpoint installed free from Jaguar. Question concerns moving tariff to get cheaper overnight rates; is it best to use the timed feature on the podpoint, ie set it up so it only charges during the night, plug the car in and the car waits on initialising until the podpoint starts, or use the Jaguar app or via Pivi Pro for preferred setup and ignore podpoint?

thanks everyone (in anticipation)

·
Registered
212 Posts
If using something like Octopus Go then use the Pod Point schedule. It works perfectly. Don’t use the Jaguar app schedule (you can thank me later).

·
Registered
MY21 HSE Borasco Grey, 20" 5750 Alloys, 3D Surround Camera, Pano Roof, HUB, Windsor Leather
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If using something like Octopus Go then use the Pod Point schedule. It works perfectly. Don’t use the Jaguar app schedule (you can thank me later).
Does the car just wait, ie, arrive home end of the day, plug it in, nothing then happens until the pod point kicks in. I had read that the jaguar can time out waiting?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes plug in and charging starts at scheduled time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After endless problems trying to use the car's scheduler or the Jag/MyPace apps, I now only use the PodPoint scheduler and have no problems at all. Plug the car in, it goes to "Initialising" until the selected time and then charges. I sometimes get a "power cut" notification when I start the car afterwards but that is no problem. My four hour period on Octopus Go gets just over 30kWh into the battery. I won't ever use the car/app scheduler again.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Another vote for just using you home charger schedule times. The car will sit at initialising until the desire time and stop charging when the charger shuts down.

If you need to charge right away, go into the app and select the current day and turn off the schedule.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks, I’ll look at this as well
If you do, remember that the settings are stored on a server and stays there.
I first tested Jedlix and set it to not start charging until 19 hours. After this I decided to uninstall the app. After some time I wanted to charge the car at 15 hours at home and it kept stopping the charge. Had to reinstall the app and reset the settings. You also can contact Jedlix and have them remove the settings.

The settings work at the location you decide like home, and do not then work on other locations so it do not prevent you for charge f.i. whenever you like.... I use it all the time now, and it has no problems controlling the starts and stops to select the hours with the lowest prices here in Norway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you do, remember that the settings are stored on a server and stays there.
I first tested Jedlix and set it to not start charging until 19 hours. After this I decided to uninstall the app. After some time I wanted to charge the car at 15 hours at home and it kept stopping the charge. Had to reinstall the app and reset the settings. You also can contact Jedlix and have them remove the settings.

The settings work at the location you decide like home, and do not then work on other locations so it do not prevent you for charge f.i. whenever you like.... I use it all the time now, and it has no problems controlling the starts and stops to select the hours with the lowest prices here in Norway.
Just noticed in their latest update they support multiple locations. I do not really apply timed charging outside my house though...

·
Registered
304 Posts
My worry with 3rd pary apps is you have to give them your Jaguar account details. I work in IT and it is a major security risk letting 3rd party apps use your very high level accounts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would and do use the PodPoint schedule and it's easy, I wouldn't bother with scheduling the car itself. All you have to do is plug the car in (or somebody else's car if staying overnight) and it will sit initialising until the scheduled time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
P.s. Octopus Intelligent is acting strangely at present so I would opt for their Go tariff.
Octopus Intelligent isn't working properly at the moment but it's still worth going onto the tariff for the six hour off-peak window.

Do a test charge (thus activating the tariff), turn off smart charging on the app and then revert to the PodPoint for a 23:30-05:30 schedule.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How do you program the PP app to cross days for charging? I can't get mine to start at 23:30 and continue into the following morning...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do you program the PP app to cross days for charging? I can't get mine to start at 23:30 and continue into the following morning...
Hi, I have the same issue, I programmed a start from 23:00hrs to 00:00hrs then set another from 00:00hrs to 05:30hrs?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That should work without an issue and reflects the instructions on the pod point app. Mine was doing something like this last week, I raised a ticket with pod point and they did a remote reset, after that it worked.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts