Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, I saw this. I wonder why racing in a straight line is so important (traffic lights, ok). I think it would be more interesting to see how both cars cope with a complete track/circuit.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yes - posted it in "I-pace video gallery" but a website link not video link.

What I find interesting is that the Tesla is quicker off the line (maybe due to driver) but that I-pace accelerates quicker above 100km/h. If the dragrace would have been another mile the Tesla likely would have been closer or ahead as its top speed is higher.

Not sure why the Tesla is quicker off the line => yes the car is 25kg lighter but that is less than 1% difference. The I-pace has more power and I would think that the drag coefficient is not that relevant for initial acceleration

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes the i pace driver missed his start.
@DrPhil : can do a whole race cause the model S overheat and fall in protected mod ... And tesla claim that a grill is not needed for EV ...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Yes the i pace driver missed his start.
@DrPhil : can do a whole race cause the model S overheat and fall in protected mod ... And tesla claim that a grill is not needed for EV ...
That is what I thought as well but if you look on the Tesla and Jaguar website - Tesla claims 0-100km in 4.4 seconds versus Jaguar 4.8 seconds presuming those claims are correct, what makes the Tesla quicker - it will not be the gearbox :lol: .

Could it be the difference in synchronous and asynchronous engines or is there a bigger difference in weight - not able to find weight on Tesla website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts