Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The towbar option seems to have disappeared recently from the configurator, but it was on there a few weeks ago.
Does anyone know for sure if ipace has been fully type approved to tow (up to 750kg), or has there been a reversal during final conformance testing?
I asked in the dealership but they were unaware of why the towbar option has been removed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Dutch Road authority reported the pre-production models with 0kg towing capacity. All I-paces registered recently show 750kg towing capacity. So at least in the Netherlands, it is approved on the production models.
By the way, please keep in mind that the Jaguar Tow Ball allows a maximum of 45kg vertical pressure (nose weight). That is pretty bad. My tent trailer (around 600kg) follows best with 60kg nose weight. So I have to move stuff backwards to balance it at 45kg nose weight. Moving the weight backwards is normally pretty bad for stability...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that. Being able to tow something (even a small load) was quite a large factor for me in choosing over Tesla Model S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts