Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started this morning for my 900km trip from Utrecht NL to Sölden, Austria.
Some figures sofar:
First drove 150km at 106km/h average. Consumption about 24,9 kWh per 100km. I will put some photos in for exact details. Slight headwind, outside temperature 6C, dry road. 19inch wintertyres Goodyear Ultra Grip, tyre pression 2,6 front and 2,7 back.
Made a short charge stop at Autobahn Raststätte Siegburg (50kwh), started the charging with the NewMotion app as you could not hold a RFID card to start.
After charging up to 55% got back on the road and drove for about another 145km to the Fastned charger in Limburg an der Lahn. Started the charging by holding the Maingau EinfachStromLaden card as this would be the cheapest (€0,05 per minute).
Did a relatively long distance at higher speed. Tried to hold it at 146km/h but there are too many roadworks in progress. Overall at 132km/h average did some 34kwh/100km but photos to show more details.
Now at the 175kwh charger the charging gets slower at 80% so I will leave for next stop at Stuttgart.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Lots of really good info there. Thanks for sharing. BTW car looks stunning. The more I look at the IPACE the more I style and shape.

DrPhil said:
Started this morning for my 900km trip from Utrecht NL to Sölden, Austria.
Some figures sofar:
First drove 150km at 106km/h average. Consumption about 24,9 kWh per 100km. I will put some photos in for exact details. Slight headwind, outside temperature 6C, dry road. 19inch wintertyres Goodyear Ultra Grip, tyre pression 2,6 front and 2,7 back.
Made a short charge stop at Autobahn Raststätte Siegburg (50kwh), started the charging with the NewMotion app as you could not hold a RFID card to start.
After charging up to 55% got back on the road and drove for about another 145km to the Fastned charger in Limburg an der Lahn. Started the charging by holding the Maingau EinfachStromLaden card as this would be the cheapest (€0,05 per minute).
Did a relatively long distance at higher speed. Tried to hold it at 146km/h but there are too many roadworks in progress. Overall at 132km/h average did some 34kwh/100km but photos to show more details.
Now at the 175kwh charger the charging gets slower at 80% so I will leave for next stop at Stuttgart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did not quite make it to Stuttgart without a charge just to be sure. Drove 176 km at 120km/h average with consumption at 26,2kwh/100km. Keeping cruisecontrol on 124 km is good, though did not activate the automatic distance, just to drive 'smoother'.
No wind, no rain, temperature 11C.
Now charging at a 100kw charger in Karlsruhe (Virta) with the EinfachStromLaden card, at a speed of appx. 81kwh/h. Still have the systemversion 13.2 so not the update yet.
Next stop preferably in the vicinity of Memmingen before driving into the Alps.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
DrPhil said:
Did not quite make it to Stuttgart without a charge just to be sure. Drove 176 km at 120km/h average with consumption at 26,2kwh/100km. Keeping cruisecontrol on 124 km is good, though did not activate the automatic distance, just to drive 'smoother'.
No wind, no rain, temperature 11C.
Now charging at a 100kw charger in Karlsruhe (Virta) with the EinfachStromLaden card, at a speed of appx. 81kwh/h. Still have the systemversion 13.2 so not the update yet.
Next stop preferably in the vicinity of Memmingen before driving into the Alps.
Thanks for the update - how can you set the cruisecontrol without the distance element?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Thanks! Very curious what your total time will be vs ice car!. Good luck the rest of the trip and enjoy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Thanks for the update - how can you set the cruisecontrol without the distance element?
Just push the distance button on the right and keep it pressed for two seconds and then you will get a notice "OFF"
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought I could have a fast charge at Alois Müller in Ungerhausen near Memmingen but turns out the 150 kW charger is delivering only 50kw max😬
So will charge to 200km range, which should be enough to arrive at my pension in Oetz, where a 'slow' charger at the MPREIS supermarket will help charging through the night.

Would be very nice if more superfastchargers would be available soon + the update to 125/150 kw charging. I think range is not an issue then any more.
Temperature 14C, no wind.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pivoking said:
Thanks! Very curious what your total time will be vs ice car!. Good luck the rest of the trip and enjoy
Total time 12,5 hours. Average speed not higher than 120-130 km. Three long stops (40 minutes) and two short charging stops 'just to be sure'. In the mountains (Füssen to Oetz taking the Fernpass) average consumption was about 21,5 kw/100. I like speeding the alps😄. The car is really good in al those curves and hairpins.

I think the consumption in the dark is somewhat higher on the highway with same av speeds. Don't know why. Perhaps the LED lights? Or maybe just because there was some headwind or long climbing.
The 22kw charger at the MPREIS did not work properly (closed the session after 2 minutes after and after) so I charge now in Oetztaler Bahnhof at a 50kwh charger.

I am very curious what the car will do tomorrow on the glacierroad to 2700m. There is a chain obligation, but this car should manage it with 4wd and wintertyres.
Keep you informed!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Thumbs up! Great report, have fun on the Austrian roads. 4wd is usually ok and in most cases it substitutes the chain obligation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Billy Bunter said:
out of interest, which app/apps are you using to dynamically replan your stops ??
I use the chargeEV app in combination with the routeplanner of www.goingelectric.de and I use the NewMotion app if necessary. It has a link to the routeplanner of Google Maps in case you find a suitable charger but need some assistance in finding it. Most fastchargers accept the cheap EinfachStromLaden card from Maingau. In fact: don't charge on slow A-C chargers because they are relatively too expensive as they charge per minute (at a speed of 3,7 or 7,4).

Charging fast up to 90% is fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
DrPhil said:
pivoking said:
Thanks! Very curious what your total time will be vs ice car!. Good luck the rest of the trip and enjoy
Total time 12,5 hours. Average speed not higher than 120-130 km. Three long stops (40 minutes) and two short charging stops 'just to be sure'. In the mountains (Füssen to Oetz taking the Fernpass) average consumption was about 21,5 kw/100. I like speeding the alps😄. The car is really good in al those curves and hairpins.
Amazing low consumption in my opion. Maybe I should change something in my driving behaviour :D

Hom many KM's did you do in these 12,5 hours?

btw, fully agree with all the orders: thanks for the report!
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top