Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Trip NL to Sölden (AT)

21K views 62 replies 27 participants last post by  pavadeli 
#1 ·
Started this morning for my 900km trip from Utrecht NL to Sölden, Austria.
Some figures sofar:
First drove 150km at 106km/h average. Consumption about 24,9 kWh per 100km. I will put some photos in for exact details. Slight headwind, outside temperature 6C, dry road. 19inch wintertyres Goodyear Ultra Grip, tyre pression 2,6 front and 2,7 back.
Made a short charge stop at Autobahn Raststätte Siegburg (50kwh), started the charging with the NewMotion app as you could not hold a RFID card to start.
After charging up to 55% got back on the road and drove for about another 145km to the Fastned charger in Limburg an der Lahn. Started the charging by holding the Maingau EinfachStromLaden card as this would be the cheapest (€0,05 per minute).
Did a relatively long distance at higher speed. Tried to hold it at 146km/h but there are too many roadworks in progress. Overall at 132km/h average did some 34kwh/100km but photos to show more details.
Now at the 175kwh charger the charging gets slower at 80% so I will leave for next stop at Stuttgart.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Did not quite make it to Stuttgart without a charge just to be sure. Drove 176 km at 120km/h average with consumption at 26,2kwh/100km. Keeping cruisecontrol on 124 km is good, though did not activate the automatic distance, just to drive 'smoother'.
No wind, no rain, temperature 11C.
Now charging at a 100kw charger in Karlsruhe (Virta) with the EinfachStromLaden card, at a speed of appx. 81kwh/h. Still have the systemversion 13.2 so not the update yet.
Next stop preferably in the vicinity of Memmingen before driving into the Alps.

Attachments

#9 ·
DrPhil said:
Did not quite make it to Stuttgart without a charge just to be sure. Drove 176 km at 120km/h average with consumption at 26,2kwh/100km. Keeping cruisecontrol on 124 km is good, though did not activate the automatic distance, just to drive 'smoother'.
No wind, no rain, temperature 11C.
Now charging at a 100kw charger in Karlsruhe (Virta) with the EinfachStromLaden card, at a speed of appx. 81kwh/h. Still have the systemversion 13.2 so not the update yet.
Next stop preferably in the vicinity of Memmingen before driving into the Alps.
Thanks for the update - how can you set the cruisecontrol without the distance element?

#12 ·
Jelle v/d Meer said:
Thanks for the update - how can you set the cruisecontrol without the distance element?
Just push the distance button on the right and keep it pressed for two seconds and then you will get a notice "OFF"

Attachments

#13 ·
Thought I could have a fast charge at Alois Müller in Ungerhausen near Memmingen but turns out the 150 kW charger is delivering only 50kw max😬
So will charge to 200km range, which should be enough to arrive at my pension in Oetz, where a 'slow' charger at the MPREIS supermarket will help charging through the night.

Would be very nice if more superfastchargers would be available soon + the update to 125/150 kw charging. I think range is not an issue then any more.
Temperature 14C, no wind.

Attachments

#15 ·
pivoking said:
Thanks! Very curious what your total time will be vs ice car!. Good luck the rest of the trip and enjoy
Total time 12,5 hours. Average speed not higher than 120-130 km. Three long stops (40 minutes) and two short charging stops 'just to be sure'. In the mountains (Füssen to Oetz taking the Fernpass) average consumption was about 21,5 kw/100. I like speeding the alps😄. The car is really good in al those curves and hairpins.

I think the consumption in the dark is somewhat higher on the highway with same av speeds. Don't know why. Perhaps the LED lights? Or maybe just because there was some headwind or long climbing.
The 22kw charger at the MPREIS did not work properly (closed the session after 2 minutes after and after) so I charge now in Oetztaler Bahnhof at a 50kwh charger.

I am very curious what the car will do tomorrow on the glacierroad to 2700m. There is a chain obligation, but this car should manage it with 4wd and wintertyres.
Keep you informed!

Attachments

#17 ·
Thumbs up! Great report, have fun on the Austrian roads. 4wd is usually ok and in most cases it substitutes the chain obligation

#19 ·
Billy Bunter said:
out of interest, which app/apps are you using to dynamically replan your stops ??
I use the chargeEV app in combination with the routeplanner of www.goingelectric.de and I use the NewMotion app if necessary. It has a link to the routeplanner of Google Maps in case you find a suitable charger but need some assistance in finding it. Most fastchargers accept the cheap EinfachStromLaden card from Maingau. In fact: don't charge on slow A-C chargers because they are relatively too expensive as they charge per minute (at a speed of 3,7 or 7,4).

Charging fast up to 90% is fine.

#20 ·
DrPhil said:
pivoking said:
Thanks! Very curious what your total time will be vs ice car!. Good luck the rest of the trip and enjoy
Total time 12,5 hours. Average speed not higher than 120-130 km. Three long stops (40 minutes) and two short charging stops 'just to be sure'. In the mountains (Füssen to Oetz taking the Fernpass) average consumption was about 21,5 kw/100. I like speeding the alps😄. The car is really good in al those curves and hairpins.
Amazing low consumption in my opion. Maybe I should change something in my driving behaviour :D

Hom many KM's did you do in these 12,5 hours?

btw, fully agree with all the orders: thanks for the report!

#21 ·
" In the mountains (Füssen to Oetz taking the Fernpass) average consumption was about 21,5 kw/100."

Going up-mountains takes a lot of energy... but going down regenerates a lot as well. Basically - passing the Gotthard pas (not the tunnel) on a relative low speed needs no more energy per km than driving in the Netherlands (flat country) at highway speed. At least - that's my Tesla experience - I-Pace should be comarable.

#24 ·
Cool report, thanks for sharing! &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
You'll keep on telling your experiences on the entire trip, will you? 😉

Really funny, you're traveling to Sölden! I'm planning to go tere, too. In April. But presently I not amused about the availability of fast chargers along the German highway grid. We will go to Sölden with the family (4 Persons) and ski-luggage. So the consumption will be higher than on daily routes. And spending serveral additional hours on not that fast working charging stations is no fun!
That's why I'm thinking if renting an ICE-car for this trip. But the final decision is not yet made... 😉

#25 ·
Darkhelmet said:
Cool report, thanks for sharing! &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
You'll keep on telling your experiences on the entire trip, will you? 😉

Really funny, you're traveling to Sölden! I'm planning to go tere, too. In April. But presently I not amused about the availability of fast chargers along the German highway grid. We will go to Sölden with the family (4 Persons) and ski-luggage. So the consumption will be higher than on daily routes. And spending serveral additional hours on not that fast working charging stations is no fun!
That's why I'm thinking if renting an ICE-car for this trip. But the final decision is not yet made... 😉
I will be travelling to the South of France early March for ski holiday - initially was looking for flights/rental cars but more and more I am close to deciding to take the I-pace. A key element that helps is that my parents also travel so they have the skibox that can take our ski's and also my 2 children could travel with my parents ICE car.

That is just leaving me and my wife to go onto the long distance trip adventure with Blue beauty - PS I have not yet told her this :lol:

#26 ·
Jelle v/d Meer said:
I will be travelling to the South of France early March for ski holiday - initially was looking for flights/rental cars but more and more I am close to deciding to take the I-pace. A key element that helps is that my parents also travel so they have the skibox that can take our ski's and also my 2 children could travel with my parents ICE car.

That is just leaving me and my wife to go onto the long distance trip adventure with Blue beauty - PS I have not yet told her this :lol:
Same here: ski holiday in early March, a family member with a roof box, will definitely take the I-PACE. We're going to Chatel, through Germany and Switzerland.

But I'm planning to take my 2 kids (3,5 years, and 9 months) with me in the EV. We will spend the night at a hotel halfway, so I hope it will be a very relaxed travel experience. I do believe the charging stops needed match perfectly with the desired amount and time of stops needed for small kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.