Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bookmarked an Approved Used 2019 I-Pace on the Jaguar website on 2 September - priced at £52,499.
Still on the website today, but price now increased to £53,365.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seen that too on two different cars. Just bought an 21MY HSE with 1109 miles on the clock for £60k. The same car on Autotrader with 3k miles is up for £64,950. Last week it was £63,950

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it has gone mental out there with used car prices. I've all but given up thinking about purchasing a used I-pace for now and if prices continue to rise the way they are I'll be considering purchasing a brand new Kia EV6 GT due to be launched next October.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, we were contemplating getting a 2 year old HSE, have hesitated and the prices have increased so much, you may as well buy new with 0% finance, which we have done - order placed today for delivery next springtime &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
684 Posts
ian310567 said:
I agree, we were contemplating getting a 2 year old HSE, have hesitated and the prices have increased so much, you may as well buy new with 0% finance, which we have done - order placed today for delivery next springtime &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
Unless there are any stock cars available it's a long wait for new!

·
Registered
120 Posts
So I bought mine (2019 first edition) back in May when the shortages of used stock and the problems with micro processors for options with new cars all started.

No word of a lie….. I was literally in the dealership after taking one out on a fun test drive, when the salesman said the group had just issued an email instructing the dealership to add 2k to every used ipace with immediate effect.

Yes like most I thought this was a bad sales technique. Luckily I still had the autotrader page on my Mac at home stating the car was 49995. By the time I was about to do the deal (5 hours later) auto trader was showing the car at 51995.

I screen shot and sent it to the dealer and got it at 50 instead of the 52 it was now showing. Jaguar were very quick to spot this strange market we find ourselves in and I was lucky with the timing.

My business partner is 1 year through a 3 year deal on a Mazda CX-5. They have contacted him and asked if he wants to return the car, exchange it for a brand new one from stock and pay less each month! Seems they can sell his now 1 year old car for more money than the equivalent new version.

Crazy times.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What is really weird is that used prices seem to be all over the shop with apparently similar age/condition/mileage and spec cars being £10k or more apart in price

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes it has gone mental out there with used car prices. I've all but given up thinking about purchasing a used I-pace for now and if prices continue to rise the way they are I'll be considering purchasing a brand new Kia EV6 GT due to be launched next October.
I am considering a new Kia EV6 and selling my MY20 HSE on 19 plate. Offers from my Jaguar dealer4 were 51.5k as trade in but only 48K for cash and deal within 7 days. Kia dealer with Jag outlet offered 51.5K for February trade but required "sign today" which ended that conversation. Tet driving the Kia tomorrow and if good will probably take my chances in the market to sell the Jag through M'way or such like.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So my first edition on a 19 plate just got valued at WBAC for 49k.
motorway will get you more I’m sure… good luck.

please post back with your thoughts of the EV6 . I am interested in one also…. The “fast” one isn’t out yet is it? The GT that is 3 seconds to 60 is a way off in the UK yet I think.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
So my first edition on a 19 plate just got valued at WBAC for 49k.
motorway will get you more I’m sure… good luck.

please post back with your thoughts of the EV6 . I am interested in one also…. The “fast” one isn’t out yet is it? The GT that is 3 seconds to 60 is a way off in the UK yet I think.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it :)
I had a 90 minute test drive of Kia EV6 GT-Line S RWD (single motor) yesterday. First impressions were very good with wide screen dash and pretty good seat adjustment similar to I-Pace HSE electric adjust. Seats were suede style finish with artificial leather white edge trims. Not quite as relaxed feeling as with my Jag and no extension under knee area but otherwise quite comfortable and felt they would be good for distance stuff. Driving was mixed motorway and country roads. Liked the wheel mounted "mode" buttons rather than having to locate the "dynamic" button on centre console in Jag. Very impressed with the dash blind spot camera view when left or right indicators were switched on. Head up display was pretty good but felt not quite as good as Jag in that could feel slight eye focus correction in moving to dash or ahead view. Handling was good but not quite as sharp a turn in as in Jag. Had to turn wheel a wee bit more than expected to cut the overrun in first sharp bend! Fine once aware. Suspension also slightly harsher (against Jag "Air" suspension of course) over poor road surface, fine on M'way. Acceleration and braking were smooth and progressive but of course not quite comparable with RWD only version driven. Shouldn't be too far off with AWD version though according to claimed stats (5.2s 0 - 62mph). Wireless phone charging tray in centre rest was also welcome. The mapping display although 12.2 in. screen was slightly smaller scale than I am used to and apparently only updates at annual dealer visit at present but announced yesterday that service period is 2 years and told that SOTA in development. Quite a lot of adjustment learning will be required to get full benefit from layouts available I think, so not long enough to properly form opinions. On switching off could see that touch screen would need a polishing cloth to be kept handy though! No "Panoramic roof but happy to compromise with opening standard fit sunroof with electric blind and opening.
The full GT model will only be available late next year but suffice to say that I was convinced enough to order an AWD GT-Line S model with heat pump. Advised that any orders placed from now (as opposed to pre-order launch sold out) will be scheduled in January factory run for UK delivery in March 22. Have also decided to hang on to my I-Pace HSE for a couple of months or until anticipated Kia March delivery date confirmation, expected January when build slot matched to order. Unless any "impossible to refuse offer received" and also convincing SWMBO that I could borrow her car at times needed! The chosen dealer does not have Jaguar outlet and was quite open in advising that a direct sale from me to the Jaguar dealer that he contacted (other than my own local) should be quite an improvement on the CAP trade price level even with a little enhancement, that he could offer. Happy to take my chances on that basis as not a lot more cash required after sale of Jag, say somewhere less than £5K as compared to 6 month wait and a lot more cash to go for a new HSE to get comparable (or at least "good") handling, comfort, equipment, apparent build quality and dare I say style?
It's not a Jag but given the differences I'm happy to try EV6 for another 3 probable and up to 7 available years of warranty covered motoring with hopefully a happier support experience with software or any other problems should they arise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As an update on above: Got an on-line valuation of £51.1K for my I-Pace as trade in now with up to 6 months chip delay for new IP from Pentland, who have taken over Morrisons Stirling as my supplying dealer. I then asked for a cash value if no trade in. Was offered £48K possibly £49 if satisfactory inspection but only valid for 7 days. So after about 20 years of enjoyable JLR motoring I was so p'd off that I have sold to Webuysupercars for £52.5 K based on photos and description sent in. Car taken away 2 days later with cash in my bank before leaving. No quibbles and no reductions on inspection. Kia EV6 AWD GT line-S due for delivery in March so I shall just share SWMBO's wheels until then. So looks like it will be goodbye from me and perhaps meet some of you again on the Kia new car forum come March.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I intend to purchase a 1st edition Ipace with less than 25.000 km's. The prices are between 55k for a non dealer one (6 months of poor warranty) and 70k for a dealer one (with 2 or 3 years of full warranty.) Most I-paces offered are grey or black. The white ones are the sexiest but very rare. I consider wrapping to my favourite color :) I havent touched down on bargaining the price down, but do expect to be able to get a few thousand off as there are loads of ex-lease models on the market.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As an update on above: Got an on-line valuation of £51.1K for my I-Pace as trade in now with up to 6 months chip delay for new IP from Pentland, who have taken over Morrisons Stirling as my supplying dealer. I then asked for a cash value if no trade in. Was offered £48K possibly £49 if satisfactory inspection but only valid for 7 days. So after about 20 years of enjoyable JLR motoring I was so p'd off that I have sold to Webuysupercars for £52.5 K based on photos and description sent in. Car taken away 2 days later with cash in my bank before leaving. No quibbles and no reductions on inspection. Kia EV6 AWD GT line-S due for delivery in March so I shall just share SWMBO's wheels until then. So looks like it will be goodbye from me and perhaps meet some of you again on the Kia new car forum come March.
As my last update!
The car I sold for £52.5K is now available at a dealer about 300 miles South of me and listed at £62K. So given I sold to broker "webuysupercars" at £52.5K and say the dealer gives 5% discount for cash then covers a warranty looks like the broker and dealer share about a 10% profit on my sale price. Water under the bridge but don't feel too hard done by :)

·
Registered
Ipace HSE 2020 MY
25 Posts
That's also been my experience, and by selling through finance they are also getting a relationship with you so they know exactly when you will next be changing cars and can tempt you to change earlier if and when they need to shift more units.

Hence although its 0% its actually not a lot to retain a customer because they purchase money much cheaper than we can.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
In my experience dealers don't really like cash and rarely offer discounts for it - they prefer the commission from finance deals.
Not been my experience although they will discount a little more with finance Incentives. Good discounts via sites like CarWow come from dealers looking to build up override commissions or hit end of period targets. This can be big money for them shifting an additional handful of cars.

I haven't bought a car with finance ever before the Jag and always scored big discounts on list. I only bought this car on finance briefly for the additional £2k incentive.

Of course with 0% interest it's less.of an issue but those interest free deals limit the scope of dealer discounts. If you care about the purchase price rather than an extended rental merry go round you almost always get a the best deal for cash or finance with rapid settlement.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The ipace was also my only ever financed (PCP) vehicle. Always sold then bought cash to ensure haggling the perceived best price.

PCP/finance seems to sit well with me on all EV’s in these early stages though.

out of interest, I found out yesterday that had I purchased a car “privately“ ie from a non VAT registered dealer/trader then WBAC would not be able to purchase it from me due to money laundering rules…..

it has really made me think twice about buying privately again….. also………you would not believe the cars my ipace left with on the transporter! Seems the higher priced end are all disposing through WBAC!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts