Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m also a member over on the Discovery 3/4 forum and have been interested to see the used prices sky rocketing.This is for a differing reason to the ipace of course……..but……

I thought I’d check the ipace out and see how the lack of new cars, lead times and microprocessors are effecting us as owners on here…. Ok my research hasn’t been extensive but to get the very car I bought for 50k 6 months ago is now 58/59k!
I have a first edition so every option (other than clear sight and wireless phone charge that weren’t around in mid 2019) is ticked which is obviously a problem now….

For anyone considering selling a high spec 2 year old car, strangely - you may make a profit!

Please have a look for yourself, particularly those who bought around a year or more ago.

:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
This era of rising prices reminds me of a period around 1975 in Australia, when very high inflation caused new car prices to rise, and 2 year old cars could be sold for a profit.

When I obtained my I-Pace there were only 50 I-Paces on the market, today there are only 11 actual cars for sale, a few of these are new, some are demonstrators, and a few used ones too. No First Editions for sale, I think there were only about 10 sold here, these are very rare cars in Oz.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I’m also a member over on the Discovery 3/4 forum and have been interested to see the used prices sky rocketing.This is for a differing reason to the ipace of course……..but……

I thought I’d check the ipace out and see how the lack of new cars, lead times and microprocessors are effecting us as owners on here…. Ok my research hasn’t been extensive but to get the very car I bought for 50k 6 months ago is now 58/59k!
I have a first edition so every option (other than clear sight and wireless phone charge that weren’t around in mid 2019) is ticked which is obviously a problem now….

For anyone considering selling a high spec 2 year old car, strangely - you may make a profit!

Please have a look for yourself, particularly those who bought around a year or more ago.

:)
Six months ago I decided to trade my 2018 plate FPace in for an Ipace. Agreed a trade-in value that I was happy with. But then changed my mind about the Ipace I'd chosen, so I pulled out. Spent 2 weeks looking for another, found one and agreed another trade-in deal. For £3k more than I'd agreed 2 weeks previous....crazy. Good crazy though!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got in just in time I guess. In August the dealers had loads of new stock HSEs and Jag were doing large discounts off list (around £10k) plus 4 years of interest free finance. I got the HSE in the colour I wanted for a Sept 2nd delivery for a monthly cheaper than a Tesla Model 3LR, and way cheaper than the BMW I traded for it. Since then the prices have crept up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts