Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I was given a loan car when I had some work done on my 2022 HSE black last week. The acceleration on the loan car which was a 2020 model with 6k on it was way better than mine, the torque steer was very noticeable. I thought my car which has 2k on was fast but the loan car was very different. Anyone know why this could be? Same size wheels btw.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check what drive mode it is in. If it is in dynamic you will get a more hair trigger throttle response.
Hi yeah, cheers but it wasn’t that. My motor when I overtake is fast in dynamic. This car was quicker. Had to fight with the steering because of torque steer, mine doesn’t have that feature 😂

·
Registered
205 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is TracDSC is on. You can set the drive mode to dynamic and then hold the traction control button for a few seconds to turn on TracDSC.

This will reduce but not switch off traction control interventions and is more risky as a daily drive mode.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have experienced the same. My 2020 HSE was in for change of the cables in the front due to the park lock cable problem, a big job and I got a loaner. The relative new car was not nearly as good as mine in handling and especially the steering was not as tight as mine and both was a 400 model.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only other thing I can think of is TracDSC is on. You can set the drive mode to dynamic and then hold the traction control button for a few seconds to turn on TracDSC.

This will reduce but not switch off traction control interventions and is more risky as a daily drive mode.
Will give it a go, cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have experienced the same. My 2020 HSE was in for change of the cables in the front due to the park lock cable problem, a big job and I got a loaner. The relative new car was not nearly as good as mine in handling and especially the steering was not as tight as mine and both was a 400 model.
Wonder if something has changed between 2020 and 2022?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought it was my imagination. My MY22 doesn't feel as quick as my MY20. The lack of torque steer and scrabbling of the front tyres I had put down to the software for the traction control and the torque vectoring magic having got better. But the overtaking get up and go seems a bit muted on the new car.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Was batteries in same charge level? There's a drop of performance when battery gets below 40%.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I absolutely agree about the steering it is less tight and less precise than certainly my previous MY20. This was obvious immediately on driving my MY22 following delivery, also too light which I thought was because the tyre pressures were too high when delivered they were but correcting them made little difference.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Suspension set up differences? Air and active dynamics versus steel spings?

You wouldn't necessarily know the spec of the loaner but you should know the spec of your own car?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wonder if JLR have a horsepower limit set on their loaners? If anything active suspension should help reduce torque steering, not increase it. Torque steer is an undesirable effect.

EDIT: Apologies, I mean air suspension with active dynamics.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you have an OBDII reader you can read out how much power the battery can deliver, it is approximately 400kW at 100% SoC and 300kW at 16% SoC at normal temperatures. It is not linear and falls rapidly from 16% SoC and you may se the blue line on the dial, this happens when the battery falls below 75kW.

Reactions: Rjs47800

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pure speculation, but I wonder if newer versions of the BECS (battery software) perhaps limit the discharge rate (and subsequent power output) a bit more as a way to baby the battery. JLR seemed to get more conservative with the battery for the 2021 MY when they started suggesting not charging above 80%; a major departure from the chief engineer previously adamantly insisting that charging to 100% would not have any deterimental effect.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Air sus with active suspension v Coil for the handling ?
A remapping of the throttle response on later models ?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Pure speculation, but I wonder if newer versions of the BECS (battery software) perhaps limit the discharge rate (and subsequent power output) a bit more as a way to baby the battery. JLR seemed to get more conservative with the battery for the 2021 MY when they started suggesting not charging above 80%; a major departure from the chief engineer previously adamantly insisting that charging to 100% would not have any deterimental effect.
Might be some second sourcing of batteries? I just got my dealer to push a TCU update to 20.2 which is required for BECS updates but my BECS stayed at version BP-AAE-BC-AC-BE which is rather old.

If they were concerned about my battery I would expect an update.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts