Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently joined the club and loving the car, idiosyncrasies and all...!! After 4 years in a 30kWh Nissan Leaf it feels like a major upgrade, in most areas, except working timed charging and CPS charger compatibility....!!

Does anyone have any experience of fitting Velar wheels on the iPace, specifically the standard 18s. Planning on putting some all season tyres on for winter and swapping out my 20s.

These look literally exactly the same as the iPace 18s from same year so i was hoping it would be an easy swap... pic attached. The rims sizing is identical - 7.5J x 18 ET45

Also, should existing Velar TPMS sensors in these wheels work? Or will i need to buy new iPace specific ones?

I called the dealer and they did their absolute best to completely confuse me and question whether a swap to 18s was even possible! :lol:

My theory is I can give job to a local tyre shop and all will be be well, no dramas.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, Hepburn
I bought recently, second hand, a set of those exact wheels, as a second set to my 20-inch ones, for use in winter.

They are indeed the same as OE i-pace 18 inch wheels. Even the part number coincides, so they fit perfectly.
I got them fitted by my Jaguar dealer and asked them to re-program the car so it would recognize the new wheel size (to calculate speed and consumption), which they did.

TPMS worked well. The dealer mechanic did a 7 km test drive and when I picked the car up the same morning, the car was already reading correctly the new TPMS sensors.

However, I think this will be the last time I go to JLR to have the wheels replaced: they charged 140€ , while the same service costs 40€ on a regular garage. And the re-programming of the system is somehow irrelevant. The wheels are only 1.4% larger (in circumference), which makes differences in consumption and speed almost negligible to justify the extra cost and fuzz of going to the JLR dealer. When the car shows 60mph, actual speed would be 60.8 mph… I can live with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the response @Rfidias - very encouraging.

Hoping the Velar TPMS sensors work and it will be an easy swap for me too!

Any idea if the tech at the dealer had to programme the TPMS or did car just pick them up automatically during the test drive after fitment?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks very much for the response @Rfidias - very encouraging.

Hoping the Velar TPMS sensors work and it will be an easy swap for me too!

Any idea if the tech at the dealer had to programme the TPMS or did car just pick them up automatically during the test drive after fitment?
Not sure, but I think they did not do anything specific to the TPMS.
Rodrigo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts