Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my Fuji White 400 S on Sept 22nd. I placed a deposit in November 2016 based on the range alone having owned a BMWi3 for almost 4 years and being told the new Tesla Model 3 wouldn't be available in the UK until 2019.

A few early observations vs the i3...

High regen braking setting gives similar one pedal drive style and is best part of BEV driving in my view.

Regen braking doesn't seem to work with a full battery, possibly because there's nowhere for the power to go.

Mennekes charging cable is much poorer quality than i3.

Beware buying an S if you have any sort of back issue as the seats don't even have basic lumbar support - but this maybe a low-spec Jag thing. And heated seats aren't even offered as an option on the S. Perhaps I have a high spec i3, but the seats feels so much more comfortable. I wrongly assumed that a £60k + Jag would come with heated seats and lumbar support.

The speed isn't noticeably faster than the i3. This maybe because it's that much heavier and not as instantly quick off the mark.

The i-Pace looks like a well-designed 'normal' car while the i3 looks like an electric car. With the standard 18" wheels it doesn't even turn too many heads - possibly because it doesn't look like a ground-breaking vehicle.

The freedom of having an extra 150 miles of range feels great, although you can use it up pretty fast by driving carelessly.

In short, I'll still be driving the i3 for shorter journeys. It goes without saying that the i3 is easier to park. The one think I miss most in the I-Pace is the i3's amazing turning circle.

Sharing one fast charger isn't a problem although it does mean switching cars about late in the evening to make sure the I-Pace gets the benefit of the overnight charge.

Both apps work well and allow monitoring charging levels and climate control from outside the vehicle.

Let me know if anyone wants to know more.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Neil,

For those of us that are waiting for an S. Any chance of some side pictures and some of the interior and seats please?

How do you find the ride and handling on the 18's?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I also ordered a "naked" S in Fuji white. I knew about the lack of seat heating, but expected at least a decent seat with sufficient support for my back :-( I thought it was only less adjustable. I come from a full option Skoda Octavia with even seat heating on the back seats, so will probably miss some features like folding mirrors and the great navigation system.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Do you have the standard 'S' headlights? Could you make and share two pictures of the headlights: one with the day time running light on (car switched 'On', light switch on auto and sufficient daylight), and one with the lights on (light switch on =D )?
I'm really curious what the standard S headlights look like in DRL mode, as they don't seem to have the 'signature Daytime Running Lights' (double J shapes).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R32Paul said:
Hi Neil,

For those of us that are waiting for an S. Any chance of some side pictures and some of the interior and seats please?

The ride's great on the 18s and the handling is too. It's a very nice car to drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
R32Paul said:
Thanks Neil,

Have you got the car back yet?
Hi Paul,

Yup, got it back and climate control all working well.
I also changed the 18 inch alloys for some 19 inch BBS black alloys that are the closest thing I could find to the eTrophy wheels. Which do you prefer? ..

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Black look good.

Two more questions I am afraid.....

What do the DRL's look like? And I assume the cut outs for the headlight washers are vestigial.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R32Paul said:
Hi Neil,

Here are some pics of the Fuji white S with Luxtec basic seats, full panoramic and a hint of ash ...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
MartijnEV said:
Thanks for sharing. Do you have the standard 'S' headlights? Could you make and share two pictures of the headlights: one with the day time running light on (car switched 'On', light switch on auto and sufficient daylight), and one with the lights on (light switch on =D )?
I'm really curious what the standard S headlights look like in DRL mode, as they don't seem to have the 'signature Daytime Running Lights' (double J shapes).
Hi Martijn, check the attachments, regards, peter

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks!! Looks great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts