Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let’s get the good stuff out of the way first. This thing is incredible to drive and has the looks to match. I was wary of the ride quality coming out of a Mercedes with full air suspension, but the standard coils on this thing soak up the bumps almost as well. I was also pleasantly surprised to hold a charge speed of 113Kw/h when making a quick 30% top up on Sunday. And the adaptive cruise with steering is a simply brilliant feature and also works great in crawling traffic. Also appreciate the safety of the Matrix LED headlights in auto setting along with the assurance of the Ice/Snow drive setting when negotiating some sleet and freezing fog over the Pennines.

So onto the bad:

1. On one of my first drives (Pivi 2.1.7) the CarPlay stopped and would not recognise the phone, the DAB was inaccessible and the auto headlights stopped working. Needed a hard reboot of Pivi. Annoying.
2. When setting climate remotely the app sometimes says error but car usually has received the instruction. Weird.
3. Wireless charging mat won’t charge any of our iPhones for more than 1-2 seconds.
4. Since upgrading to Pivi 3.0.0 navigation freezes and becomes non responsive, leaving old information on HUD.
5. 10 mins into a long drive on Sunday the HVAC failed, along with heated seats and navigation. Needed to pull over and lock / unlock car to restart. Very inconvenient.
6. Even when not using Pivi navigation directly, the freezes still occur, so you lose the ability to receive the notifications for speed cameras etc.
7. It took about 6 phone calls with JLR tech support to get the car to install Pivi 3.0.0

Any one of the above would be concerning in a premium product costing £80k, but to have so many bugs present in such a sport space of time is unacceptable and really damages your confidence for long journeys of which we have many planned including to Southern France.

I will book the car in for diagnostics and any module updates but does anyone have any thoughts, advice, reassurance or reasons for hope?!

When extended test driving company cars last summer, my head said EQC or e-Tron but my heart overruled with I-Pace. Maybe I’ll nlisten to my head next time, but then you step outside and look at the thing and…

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ha! Yes…. It does look stunning particularly in your chosen colour and wheels.

I’m afraid it will never live up to the EQC or Etron in terms of infotainment and seemless bug free operation of the various in car systems. Mine was riddled with them, the latest updates certainly cured most of them but it was always buggy. Often froze or crashed. I agree that this should not be the case at the price point, but it is. Electric Beagle will be along shortly to further assassinate the brand……

BUT…. Like you, I had to have one. I even prefer it to a friends top spec Tesla at double the cost. It drives brilliantly and I can forgive the shortcomings…..

if you return to the dealer, get all the systems updated making them check for the latest versions and patches for all the systems….. I’m sure most bugs will be banished…… there will always be something though I’m sure!

it’s a good job it’s so damn good….. good luck with it and I hope you get the bugs ironed out…..health to enjoy ☺

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes, it’s going to be a love hate relationship - hopefully mostly the former.

I will get it booked in and fingers crossed they can iron things out 🤞

Just discovered another potential issue for the list, when I put the AC on purify/recycle it seems to have the opposite effect and I can smell/taste the fumes from dirty diesel vans and cars. Seems worse when the Ioniser is on 🤔

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have now had mine for 4 weeks, and so far experienced the following:

1. Wireless charger not working for my iPhone 12 - based on other threads, a known issue and sw fix available from dealers - no rush to get it resolved, as works ok with my work samsung phone, and Pivi 3.0.0, which seems not to be very stable anyway, is not yet pushed to my car?

2. A few intermittent issues with car recognising cable-connected CarPlay, especially if phone is left connected in car. Did experience the same with my previous BMW, and that was wireless.

3. Suspected defective rear n/s shock-absorber - big thud every time the car goes over the slighted bump - especially at lower speeds. The car seems to handle ok, although the rear n/s does tend to wallow a bit when going through r/h corners. Still taking me time to get used to the handling coming from years of BMW M-Sport suspension!

4. Experienced the similar issues with Remote App responses to Climate and locking, but at least it does execute the actions in the car - better than BMW. I think it's just down to response time-outs on the JLR APIs - have experienced the same with MyPace app also.

I'm going to drop into my supplying dealer tomorrow to discuss - I could do it over the phone as they're 25m away but where's the fun in that!

Reactions: paul_h

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
3. Suspected defective rear n/s shock-absorber - big thud every time the car goes over the slighted bump - especially at lower speeds.
I had something similar many years ago in an Opel Kadette - turned out that when it had been put it on a transporter one of the ties had (stupidly) been put round the shock and put a dent in it. Hope you can get yours sorted out quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@paul_h Sounds like it’s just software and module updates that need applying, probably mostly dealer only updates too, which means a trip to the dealer, but once done you should be all sorted. I had some oddities with the HSE we currently have and had to get some dealer updates done, but since then and the recent v3 software OTA updates all has been fine. Have seen some odd satnav lockups and the odd hvac off in the woods, but that was pre v3, so hopefully in the past. And as you say just like any computer turn it off, leave and then reboot and it all comes back to life ok.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a shame. Sounds like you have a fault. I know @electric beagle had something similar and is bound to chime in eventually. Mine has been problem free since I got it in Sept with the exception of the occasional carplay lock up once in a blue moon - rebooting my iPhone resolves that though.

Reactions: paul_h

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
That's a shame. Sounds like you have a fault. I know @electric beagle had something similar and is bound to chime in eventually. Mine has been problem free since I got it in Sept with the exception of the occasional carplay lock up once in a blue moon - rebooting my iPhone resolves that though.
I had weird screen crashing when connected to android auto only impacting the android auto screen which seemed to be resolved after a dealer update (although this caused new issues until a follow up update). The connections seem very flaky with wired connections. I found usb c more reliable but a slight wire move could disconnect. Wireless is much more stable and I have found Pivi 3 pretty stable overall.

I lost all AC in summer which took ages to fix but seems to be a different problem. I also sometimes fund the climate controls freeze and are unusable at start up for circa 10 mins, although I haven't had that happen recently.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Booked in for 21 Jan, so hopefully a straightforward thing to fix. I’ve stopped using the Pivi navigation altogether for the moment as it and/or other car functions lock up every time I use it, sometimes as little as 10 minutes into a journey. Using Google / Apple Maps seems to prevent any of the system fails but I want a fix not workarounds.

Reactions: KapilDev

·
Registered
16 Posts
@paul_h beautiful car, i have same but in firenze red, which is due to get a ceramic coat next week

Can I ask how you got JLR to install Pivi 3.0.0? I have been told by JLR that it is not possible to push and I just need to wait till my car request's the update.

I have the same issue with the wireless charging, again JLR suspect this is to do with my case, it isn't thick but JLR support say that is the issue and therefore will not look at it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@paul_h beautiful car, i have same but in firenze red, which is due to get a ceramic coat next week

Can I ask how you got JLR to install Pivi 3.0.0? I have been told by JLR that it is not possible to push and I just need to wait till my car request's the update.

I have the same issue with the wireless charging, again JLR suspect this is to do with my case, it isn't thick but JLR support say that is the issue and therefore will not look at it
Thanks! I raised a ticket with Jaguar support on +44 24 7536 6000 and explained that 3.0 had downloaded to the car but would not install. After a few phone calls and me sending a video demonstrating the problem, they remotely cleared the download and pushed it again, which I was able to install first time.

Booked info dealer on 21 Jan for investigation on the other issues. I’m not using a case on the iPhone, so I hope they accept responsibility for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts