Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On repeated questions on fuel consumption of the larger wheels i finally got a response from Jaguar NL (they got it from jaguar UK) in dutch (freely translated). See original translation below:

"As indicated i have the information with regards to tire sizing for the I-Pace. JLR UK has confirmed. They have included that it's not an exact science and that there are several external influences (temp, pressure, rims, tire type etc.) that have an impact on the range of the I-Pace.

We can apply the following estimates:
From 18 tot 20 inch will differ about 10KM and from 20 to 22 Inch about 5 KM additional. The 22 Inch tire has extra isolation and is more silent. When designing, they have tried to keep the impact as low as possible.

Last week i drove the different tire sizes and what struck me was the comfort of the 22 Inch rims. It's a pleasure to drive with.

-- Dutch --

Zoals aangegeven heb ik informatie aangaande de bandenmaten van de Jaguar I-PACE.
We hebben bevestiging gekregen van Jaguar Land Rover UK. Ze hebben mij geïnformeerd met wel de opmerking dat de het geen exacte wetenschap is.
Er zijn meerdere externe invloeden (buitentemperatuur, bandenspanning, velgtype, bandspecificaties etc.) die impact hebben op de range van de Jaguar I-PACE, waardoor het lastig te specificeren is wat de exacte invloed is van de velgmaat op de range.

We kunnen onderstaande schatting toepassen:
Van 18 inch naar 20 inch scheelt 10 km en van 20 inch naar 22 inch scheelt additioneel 5 km (de 22 inch heeft extra isolatie in de band en is daardoor stiller)
Met de materiaalkeuze en het design van de verschillende velgen is rekening gehouden om de impact van de velg zo laag mogelijk te houden.

Vorige week heb ik zelf gereden met de verschillende velgmaten en wat mij met name opviel was het comfort van de 22" velg.
Eerst dacht ik dat de grote velgmaat ten koste zou gaan van het rijcomfort, maar wat mij opviel is dat de 22" velg uitermate comfortable is en dat het echt een genot is om mee te rijden!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great, thanks for that - finally some concrete info.

I was told at the Solihull event that the difference in range between 18" wheels and 22" was a low percent decrease - nothing specific - but certainly not like choosing the larger wheels on a Tesla - this reply seems to confirm that.
Which is good news for us who have chosen 22" wheels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a new Cayenne S in 2015. The CO2's ranged between 223 and 228 depending on wheels (18" to 21"), which straddled the K & L band of 225. I opted for 18" wheels to beat the potholes and was charged band K tax for the first year. When the renewal came the car was in the L band, so I phoned the DVLA and they said if Porsche confirmed the smallest wheels/tyres were giving the lowest CO2's they would return my car to Band K. Porsche UK had to contact Stuttgart, who came back with a surprising answer. Only 19"wheel were under the 225 cut off, 18", 20" and 21" put the car in band L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts