Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have placed an order on HSE in Corris grey with Oyster interior (seats and headlining), which looks beautiful on promo video.

However I am now doubting the choice as the video by Carwow in rain shows Corris somehow bland -

I can still change the colour, and options for me would be:
- Santorini black
- Firenze red
- Indus silver

Any opinions on Corris grey or optional colours?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Corris Grey is my choice too but with ebony interior and headlining but with pano roof for more light. It is so difficult when not viewing in the flesh. I don't want white or black, blue is bland in my humble opininion so my other choice is silver. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Pilot said:
I have placed an order on HSE in Corris grey with Oyster interior (seats and headlining), which looks beautiful on promo video.

However I am now doubting the choice as the video by Carwow in rain shows Corris somehow bland -

I can still change the colour, and options for me would be:
- Santorini black
- Firenze red
- Indus silver

Any opinions on Corris grey or optional colours?
I agree that white and black are both really bad at showing the dirt. I have had both in the past and would not want to have those colours again. I suspect that Corris Grey is the best bet for looking less dirty and it also looks really nice on an I-Pace.
Currently I have a BR Green F-Pace and If that colour (or perhaps one slightly lighter) had been available I would have probably gone for that - making my 3rd BR Green Jaguar in a row. My friend has an Italian Red F-Pace which looks fantastic when it's clean but Firenze red is too orange.
I have specified blue on my I-Pace because I really like that colour it on the F-Pace and XE.

G

·
Thincat said:
I agree that white and black are both really bad at showing the dirt. I have had both in the past and would not want to have those colours again.
White is no where near the same level as Black or Dark Cars. It's easily on par with any red/blue.

If not showing dirt is your only concern, then light greys/silvers are it.

I'd personally have white ever time, if it suited the car, as the summer heat gain is minimal compared to a dark colour car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, Firenze is exactly the same as Italian Racing Red . . it's a great colour and positively glows in the sunshine when the car is clean. Caldera Red is the 'special' shade only available for the first editions, I've not seen it with my own eyes yet, but in photos it does look to be a bit more orangey. Colours are very subjective and, when it comes to cars, it all depends on what you've had before. I love the Corris on my F-Pace, but I would want a change for the I-pace. At the moment I'm happy to consider white, I think it looks very good on the design.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This week I visited JLR at the Geneva Motor Show. Corris grey is the best option in my opinion, it looks great! White is boring, red is too flashy.
My favorite would be loire blue, but unfortunately JLR doesn't offer it for the I-Pace...
3A5142D0-9F40-4459-8C6C-85AA5F96A226.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Corris Grey makes the car look expensive and classy.
I have white cars - an Audi and a VW - and while they always look clean (despite opposing opinions here!) they are less, er, expensive looking. I too love that Loire blue that JLR do. The nicest blue (after Mazda) I've seen in a car. Silver? nah, and black is very passe IMHO. Too hard to keep clean and deathly looking, don't you think?

·
Registered
243 Posts
There's one thing you can guarantee in car forums - threads about colour just go on endlessly because it's obviously largely down to personal preference (along with views of other halves, thoughts about possible resale value etc) and we're all different.

Personally I'd never have a black car - everything seems to be stacked against it - shows dirt and scratches, drug-dealer connotations (especially when combined with other black styling elements, eg trim, windows, wheels etc) and so on. Similarly, very dark colours are often indistinguishable from black on dull days. Grey just seems bland, indecisive and totally boring. I've come round to the view that silver is really the best option (especially Porsche GT Silver) - can look excellent when clean, as good as anything else at masking dirt, shows up well on the road etc; only thing against is fashion cycles, but they always come around again and a silver car will never be really out of fashion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yulong white for me... shows off the gorgeous design detail so well. Looks so clean and modern too. No accident Jaguar had one (two?) on the stand at Geneva and one on the stage at the online launch event on 1st March. Certainly not 'less expensive' looking! Grey looks classy I agree, but just a touch boring, don't you think? Black looks amazing, but will look like a skating rink within weeks.

At the end of the day though there are just three choices... black, grey or white!

·
Registered
19 Posts
As mentioned by many others ... choosing a colour is based on personal preferences. To me grey is classy on the one hand but boring on the other hand (and I might choose that colour when I'm in my seventies ...). Choosing red for a 100+K car is something I can't imagine, red is fine for a cheaper (sports) car or when red is the color that identifies the brand (like Alfa Romeo or Ferrari).

It seems black isn't chosen to often, but as black is my preference and my last 3 cars were black as well I've decided to go for black again.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

For me this is eye-candy and combined with performance chairs in Siena Tan (Cognac) colour I think the luxury/sports-element of this car is expressed at its best. But as said .... it's personal preference :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think your choice is awesome Wim. I like the Siena Tan interior also very much. But my wife wanted the leather upgrade. And with the Siena Tan upholstery the dash also gets tan. And I don't like that at all. Therefore we went for the Light Oyster. With all the other options the FE was the obvious choice. And then the colours are limited. I've never had a grey car and I must say, the Corris Grey is stunning on several JLR products I've seen. So our choice is Corris. But Wim, if the dash wasn't Siera Tan but ebony, we would have chosen your spec, I'm sure of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts