Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
June 2022

Good morning

If I look at my iPace from the side I personally think it looks amazing. It has some beautiful lines and both an elegant yet powerful look. From 45 degrees it also looks pretty good. The straight on rear ended looks aren’t bad at all but aren’t as amazing as the side view. The front though… I can’t help thinking when I look straight on at it that it looks bland and reminds me of an American 80’s muscle car. I wish there was a little more curve and slope (just a touch) on the nose like the Porsche Macan.
What’s your favourite part (looks wise) of your car and what’s the part you least like?
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
823 Posts
I totally agree with you, I don't like the front either and I wonder what other drivers think when they see it their rear view mirror :). But when I look at the side .... :love:

Reactions: Tangellow5

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not much wrong, except for the wheel arch to wheel gaps are hideous (as with most JLR vehicles), rear track should be wider and the door mirrors could be better design and function. So truly epic lines though and the rear light clusters are amazing. Porsche can show you how to do wheel gaps and track but you get different wheels & tyres front to back more often than not to achieve this, which ultimately you pay for ££

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rear end looking directly at it, is it's least flattering angle. The front could do with a face-lift at this stage.
I think the front definitely needs something doing to it… it just has no ‘wow’ factor at all. The top part is not too bad and the lights look nice but below that just drags everything down imo.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not much wrong, except for the wheel arch to wheel gaps are hideous (as with most JLR vehicles), rear track should be wider and the door mirrors could be better design and function. So truly epic lines though and the rear light clusters are amazing. Porsche can show you how to do wheel gaps and track but you get different wheels & tyres front to back more often than not to achieve this, which ultimately you pay for ££
Porsche do beautiful fronts and rears… Lots of flow and curves…wonderful. I wonder what an eMacan would look like? Would they change the styling a lot?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes but those Porsches are ICE vehicles so aero isn't as important and there is no big battery to hide in the design so you have more to play with. I'm not sure I think Porsches are universally good looking either. The 992 is really good looking, the rest not sure. The Taycan is like blob. I think JLR on the whole makes very good looking vehicles.

On the I-Pace, I don't like the inboard rear wheels but I'm sure this is for aero reasons too. Maybe the front is so so but I'm ok with it. But overall, it's a cool looking car and in my eyes still the best looking EV.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi
Yes but those Porsches are ICE vehicles so aero isn't as important and there is no big battery to hide in the design so you have more to play with. I'm not sure I think Porsches are universally good looking either. The 992 is really good looking, the rest not sure. The Taycan is like blob. I think JLR on the whole makes very good looking vehicles.

On the I-Pace, I don't like the inboard rear wheels but I'm sure this is for aero reasons too. Maybe the front is so so but I'm ok with it. But overall, it's a cool looking car and in my eyes still the best looking EV.
HI DMZ…

I think the Taycan has a beautiful front but a Baboons backside for a rear end…just needs a bit of pink and blue…looks like it’s had an allergic reaction with all those bumps.
The Aston Martin Super Legera has a similar flat face to the iPace. I think both need just a little work but not much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When the Taycan was released I thought it might be my next EV. But having seen them both on the road and parked my opinion is that it is not an inspiring design. Something about the I-Pace stance and the 'cab forward' design suggests the cat (the Leaper - maybe). My next EV is already another I-Pace!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When the Taycan was released I thought it might be my next EV. But having seen them both on the road and parked my opinion is that it is not an inspiring design. Something about the I-Pace stance and the 'cab forward' design suggests the cat (the Leaper - maybe). My next EV is already another I-Pace!
Yes… I feel the same about the iPace from the side. It does have that ‘ready to pounce’ look like a crouching cat.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like the view from the windscreen when passing pump price signs.
I’ve had a very busy 2 weeks with relatives from US visiting so a lot of miles fetching carrying and trips out, charging on off peak every night. I’ve saved about £250 in fuel cost 🤗 the IPace performance and handling was a surprise for them

·
Registered
148 Posts
All powered by the big petrol station in the sky, I couldnt imagine what a smart move going electric was when bought it last summer.

Then I press the go pedal and the savings seem like side bonus.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't really care for the high contrast of the black "front side vent covers" (not sure what else to call them) against many of the primary paint color options, but with dark blue or black paint I think they look alright.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Coming up to 4 years and I still find it very satisfying to walk up to from any angle, although the wheelarch gap is probably the worst visual aspect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One more vote for the wheelarch gap being the worst looking part. Access height helps a lot but it should be standard. I suspect that the excessive height is meant to protect the battery from damage from below (which is compounded by the fact that the car has a big wheelbase)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I think it's quite colour dependent, it looks great in the darker metallic colour ways I think it looks a bit ungainly and fat from the front and back in very light colours particularly white

1 - 20 of 26 Posts