Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
You have a very strange idea of the term immediate. GuyT posted this question on the 2nd August and the collection date is 1st Sept. It is clear from the OP that GuyT has not actually been told by JLR there is a price increase. They are just wondering what their options are if there is.

Hi all
I ordered an HSE Black back in April , prior to the price increase and also at 1.9% APR. I have a vehicle offer proposal showing this.
My car is due for pickup on the 1st Sept and I am wondering if I should expect to pay a revised proposal with the current prices and the current 2.9% APR offer.
I have told them I want the original proposal ( obviously ) and the salesman is going to "check".

I think they must honour the "original" proposal ...but I would be interested in anyone's experience on this ?

cheers
Despite what the OP has posted above, you are ignoring that and are crowding this thread with your opinion masquerading as fact. I have posted directly from the pertinent sections of the CRA 2015 and advised the OP to seek actual professional advice as to where they stand and their options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So the moral is that you can get lots of opinions from a forum but your best bet is to ask the dealer....

My view based on experience not legal is that I have never paid more than the agreed price for a new car, but I have had the garage try and increase the finance rate on a used one - because the lender had - but the garage lost the difference in the purchase price to keep the monthlies the same!

·
Registered
304 Posts
So the moral is that you can get lots of opinions from a forum but your best bet is to ask the dealer....

My view based on experience not legal is that I have never paid more than the agreed price for a new car, but I have had the garage try and increase the finance rate on a used one - because the lender had - but the garage lost the difference in the purchase price to keep the monthlies the same!
The only good advice is to go get good advice. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry, not trying to say things as fact, they’re not. You’re right, I don’t know when Guy’s car is available, just commenting on the nature of picking up the car on 1st Sept and the date plates change - a lot of people at work do this.

I’ll keep my opinions quiet now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sorry, not trying to say things as fact, they’re not. You’re right, I don’t know when Guy’s car is available, just commenting on the nature of picking up the car on 1st Sept and the date plates change - a lot of people at work do this.

I’ll keep my opinions quiet now.
Sorry, my post was not aimed at you and please accept my apolgoies if it seemed it was.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just to add to the debate, what would you do if prices were dropping? Would you be happy paying the original price you agreed, or would you expect to pay the new, lower price?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just to add to the debate, what would you do if prices were dropping? Would you be happy paying the original price you agreed, or would you expect to pay the new, lower price?
I think the majority of us would not expect a price reduction in those circumstances as the order placed is the contract. If the price reduction were substantial enough it may warrant cancellation and reorder including forfeiture of deposit but a straight reduction in cost would seem unreasonable, which is why it is equally unreasonable to expect increased costs shortly before the arrival of a car ordered some months previously.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
You have a very strange idea of the term immediate. GuyT posted this question on the 2nd August and the collection date is 1st Sept. It is clear from the OP that GuyT has not actually been told by JLR there is a price increase. They are just wondering what their options are if there is.

Despite what the OP has posted above, you are ignoring that and are crowding this thread with your opinion masquerading as fact. I have posted directly from the pertinent sections of the CRA 2015 and advised the OP to seek actual professional advice as to where they stand and their options.
We have had this discussion before. It is an internet forum not a professional advice platform or an academic research institute, All anyone here has are opinions, some just more informed than others*

*For avoidance of doubt any and all of my posts represent my views. Some views may be informed by my possession of a law degree and 20 odd years of large commercial contract negotiation as part of my day job and my personal experiences as a litigant in person in a range of consumer contract disputes but my posts represent opinions nonetheless. Everyone should fully research alternative pinions and if necessary take appropriate legal advice before entering into positions which may cause financial or other impact.

I do not generally see the need for a health warning to state the bleeding obvious but I shall henceforth add this to my signature in slightly redacted form (if I can make it fit).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Had this very scenario so many times when I worked in sales over 20 years ago. Random customer would show up demanding amoney back because the item they bought two weeks ago was now on sale. I always asked if they would prefer to pay in cash or cheque the next time the price went up?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi all, wow I opened pandoras box here....
The news is good. Whilst the dealer openly admitted they made an admin error when initially proposing my finance deal with Jag finance meanning the 1.9% APR wasnt locked in, they have completely honoured the original agreement I made at point of order. They have had to take a serious hit by way of discount on the car to make sure the figures fit...but they have agreed it.

Big pat on back to them .

Pickup arranged for Sept 1st ....provided the ship doesnt sink from Graz.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The news is good. Whilst the dealer openly admitted they made an admin error when initially proposing my finance deal with Jag finance meanning the 1.9% APR wasnt locked in, they have completely honoured the original agreement I made at point of order. They have had to take a serious hit by way of discount on the car to make sure the figures fit...but they have agreed it.

That is great news. It is good when a you get a good result. Good luck with the car, not long now 👌

·
Registered
27 Posts

Brilliant news, congratulations! Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Good news, dealers are not always bad....

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

Well it's always easier when you don't have to fight to get the right outcome. Sometimes not quite as fun though 😜

Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
131 Posts

Thats sounds like dealer bullshit to make it sounds like they've done you a favour. It would of been locked in when they proposed the finance to lloyds bank.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah, it does. But they could have tried to make life a lot more difficult for GuyT and they didn’t. The point being his news car experience is going to be stress and hassle free.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great news! Out of interest, how much was the price increase? I didn’t notice that Jaguar had applied any increases (although fully expected it)

·
Registered
304 Posts
From what I can recall when I first started looking at the I-Pace since January. It looks up to £2,000 for the HSE black and about £1500 for the entry model S.

Edit: If you think that’s bad VW have bumped the ID.3 up from £26,000 to £36,000, but they added a reverse camera as standard now. The Q4 E-Tron range have gone up 10% in price. Not only have they bumped the price massively, you get a lot less kit now and 18 month wait time

I was messed about so much with my Q4 order that I was relieved when they let me cancel for free. Got an I-Pace instead and when I was in a loaner Q4 recently, I realised I dodged a bullet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thats sounds like dealer bullshit to make it sounds like they've done you a favour. It would of been locked in when they proposed the finance to lloyds bank.
That was the problem, when they pulled the finance quote together, one of their admins forgot to finalise the proposal with LLoyds. If they had, then there would have been no problem. As is was, they forgot to do this, and now the 1.9% APR offer is 2.9%.....

They have "honoured" the original deal by discouting the additional 1% interest off the car.

Im happy ..

21 - 40 of 42 Posts