Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my former BMW X3 I am not satisfied with the way wipers work after spraying windshield. Overall 4 strokes (too much). In BMW I could spray by quick short pressing of the wiper lever and then manually wipe as many times as I wanted by down-pressing the same lever.
I-Pace uses too many strokes that sometimes wiper already dry glass. Any way to adjust it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you have windscreen washer fluid additive in the washer fluid.
I dont find this as a problem it drying up on the four wipes. Of course this might depend on where you are and the temperature and humidity of the ambient air.
I have a higher concentration of washer fluid additive in winter as per manufacturers recommendations and never found it a problem so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have the windscreen washer. The root cause of the issue is too many strokes that in dirty road circumstances wipe the already stained glass with dirt from cars/trucks driving ahead. I just prefer manual spray and manual stroke after it. Also in BMW I managed to spray the windshield with front lights on and avoid headlight spraying (useful thing when you drive the clean car at night and need to clean the windshield from insects). Not sure if it's possible in I-Pace.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes, I have the windscreen washer. The root cause of the issue is too many strokes that in dirty road circumstances wipe the already stained glass with dirt from cars/trucks driving ahead. I just prefer manual spray and manual stroke after it. Also in BMW I managed to spray the windshield with front lights on and avoid headlight spraying (useful thing when you drive the clean car at night and need to clean the windshield from insects). Not sure if it's possible in I-Pace.
I had an X3, and yes the ability to wet the windscreen without triggering the wipers was nice, for bug clearing, but I dont think its possible on the I-Pace. Also missing is when you have selected wipers on, to get an extra single wipe, without deselecting wipers.....I also dont like the autowipers, so I switched to manual. But the self cleaning glass on the sidewindows is nice. and the Jag is much more comfortable than the X3 3.0, and quicker...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.