Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! ;)

Winter is comming hopefully and I think of buying winter tires, but not from JLR. I don't like the rims that much...

My questions to you:
- Can the tire dealer use TPMS-sensors from other Jags or are there special I-Pace-sensors?
- Do I need centring rings for ANY rim?

BTW: Be alerted when contacting givawheels.nl!!! They provide wrong and dangerous information whether rims are certified for the I-Pace or not! A sales guy recommended rims to me which have a too low wheel load limit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just mounted the new wintertyres 19inch MAK Highlands at Giva Wheels today. With Goodyear Ultra grip tyres. Very quiet tyres with tpms sensors. Only thing is that I want some Jaguar caps fit in, but that is not a big problem to order.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Max69 said:
Went with these in 18 and Pirelli winter. No issue with tpms, and central cap will fit.
Nice!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
DrPhil said:
Just mounted the new wintertyres 19inch MAK Highlands at Giva Wheels today. With Goodyear Ultra grip tyres. Very quiet tyres with tpms sensors. Only thing is that I want some Jaguar caps fit in, but that is not a big problem to order.
MAK Highlands are cool, but the black mirror variant are by far the coolest. A shame they are not recommended for winter conditions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TPMS-sensors for WHICH Jag-model did you put into your winter-rims? Because I didn't find any dealer in Germany offering "I-Pace-sensors"...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im trying to find the rims parameters for i-pace but no dealer has it in database yet. Can somebody help me?

·
Registered
478 Posts
This is the information I had gathered:
I-Pace .....................18inch ..................... 20inch ..................... 22inch
Rims ..................... 235/65 R18 7.5J .....................245/50 R20 8.0J .....................255/40 R22 8.5J
Tyre Dia inches .....................30.03 ..................... 29.65 ..................... 30.3
Circumference ..................... 94.33 ..................... 93.13 ..................... 95.3
Revs per mile .......................................... 701.62 ..................... 665
Section Width .......................................... 9.6 ..................... 10.4
Tyes thickness ..................... 6.01 ..................... 4.825 ..................... 4.15
Tyre Price ..................... £179 ..................... £248 ..................... £280

Sorry about the formatting :(

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thincat said:
This is the information I had gathered:
I-Pace .....................18inch ..................... 20inch ..................... 22inch
Rims ..................... 235/65 R18 7.5J .....................245/50 R20 8.0J .....................255/40 R22 8.5J
Tyre Dia inches .....................30.03 ..................... 29.65 ..................... 30.3
Circumference ..................... 94.33 ..................... 93.13 ..................... 95.3
Revs per mile .......................................... 701.62 ..................... 665
Section Width .......................................... 9.6 ..................... 10.4
Tyes thickness ..................... 6.01 ..................... 4.825 ..................... 4.15
Tyre Price ..................... £179 ..................... £248 ..................... £280

Sorry about the formatting :(
for completeness you could add the offset (ET) to your list......., pretty essential when buying new wheels !

·
Registered
73 Posts
DrPhil has ordered his wheels at Giva Wheels, and I make it to be a combination of:
- MAK Highlands silver 19", 8J x 19 inch - 5x108 - ET 45 - CB 63.4
- Goodyear Ultragrip Performance Gen1 255/55 R19 107 V XL FP SCT
- TPMS sensors

An alternative tyre for this size is
- Pirelli Scorpion Winter 255/55 R19 111 V XL N0

The tyre is slightly wider then standard recommended for a 8J rim width, but allowed according to the tiresize.com, and 255 is the same width as the 22" wheel option. Furthermore, according to the tiresize.com, the outer dimension of 255/55R19 is identical to 235/65R18 which is the default 18" wheel option (same number of revelations per km).

I think I will opt for the same option as DrPhil, but then the satin black version of the MAK Highlands. According to Giva Wheels, the black satin is winter proof after all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why would you consider buying seperate winter wheels when you take a 255 width tyre that has the same width as the tyres on 22" wheels? Wouldn't this simply give the same grip in winter conditions as simply using 22" winter tyres?

·
Registered
41 Posts
This might be helpful, this is from TOPIX and it shows the original equipment tyres by geography and the approved aftermarket winter tyres.

View attachment 929467.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 18" wintertyres are way more noisy. And regarding width, the selection for 19" wintertyres is rather slim, if you want silent tires. Bigger size in inch is more expensive but an option. For me it is maximum comfort, meaning smaller rims.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you funkwhiz. I know this table - but is this info complete? I mean for example screw setup - is it 5x108? Is it compatible with E-pace?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have ordered MAK Highlands Black 8x19" ET45 and Nokian R2 245/55rr19.
Guess they will be great on my Photon red car👍

1 - 20 of 90 Posts