Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some time ago about this and there was little response, luckily for JLR. Grange Jaguar in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, had the car for a couple of days, diagnosed a faulty linkage, ordered a replacement and fitted it. Result, happy days with no fouling of the 'A' pillar. I have to say that Grange are a 'stand out' dealer who focus on excellent customer relations and technical support. Also they updated the software with a major upgrade of the battery management system. That has given me more miles and faster charging. Now we can plan to visit Scotland and have the BlackView camera system fitted by Jay in Paisley recommended by Abudabidude. Thanks. Clive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Interesting, mine also does that, not on every wipe but on occasions it hits the A pillar. Strangely it didn't do it until the dealer had the car to do H288 but I assume that's a coincidence. I thought I simply needed to remove the arm and rotate in one spline but I can't get the arm off. I even bought a wiper arm puller on eBay but still can't move it. Needless to say the other wiper arm comes off easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is the BlackView camera system - did you mean BackView if so I didn't think this could be retro fitted. Please provide more detail if it can be. Thaks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya, on the wiper, I moved the wiper on the spline but it then hit the bottom moulding so Grange replaced the mechanism and all OK. On the BlackVue, spelt correctly this time, it can be retrofitted but only by someone who understands the Jag EV system. Hence driving up to Paisley from Hertfordshire to have it fitted. No one in the south seems competent and JLR won’t fit their version because, and get this, there is no part number for their dash cam system that marries up with an I Pace!!! So I have had a BlackVue system on my cars, Audi, ever since it was launched. BlackVue Reseller UK Site | Dash Camera Shop | UK No1 For Installations. I’m using Dash Cam Man in Paisley near Glasgow. Jay there is very helpful and knows I Paces inside out. Recommended by Abudhabidude. I’m going up at the end of March.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have the same problem and the part need be be replaced. Unfortunatley it's in backorder with no delivery date, so I got my car back and I'll be notified when the part will be available. Dry season is coming so probably not a major problem ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts