I saw it posted in an i-Pace Facebook group this morning, i was an SOTA update with screenshots, but now that post seems to have disappeared :?:EEV320 said:What version are you referring to „the latest"?
I think i have the latest version but no wireless CarPlay.
Im booked into the dealership this month for inspection and I already wondered thatvthey said they will update my software (whatever software that is)
You are talking about a SOTA update, right?
Im on 2.1 (installed a couple of weeks back) and do not have wireless CarPlay - so assume this post is all referring to a different update that is forthcoming.Weezer said:These are the release notes for the latest 2.0.6 release...
• Multiple performance improvements to the Pivi infotainment system
• User interface visual updates provide enhanced clarity and readability across a wide range of areas
• Speech now supports the use of a wake-up-word so you can address the system by a name of your choice. It also allows you to interrupt for follow-up interactions. You can also control the climate system via speech now e.g. "Hey <name of your choice> I'm cold" or Hey <name of your choice> set the temperature to 21 degrees". Enable these new features from speech settings.
• Updates and simplification of settings
• Navigation system performance improvements including a variety of detailed changes and refinements. We've also now added machine learning Commute guidance for your everyday routes
Looks like a big update, but no mention of wireless CarPlay.
I also found this useful information on the I-Pace UK Facebook forum which I have copied/pasted here.Search for another post I wrote a while ago on over the air updates and tips for ensuring they download and install as soon as possible.
Checked with Apple and it appears lossless audio is only passed when using a cable. And let’s face it, with that Meridian system you would want to feed it best possible quality! For everything else, there’s no doubt wireless CarPlay is very convenient.How does the audio quality compare between wired and wireless Carplay?
Hopefully the wired connection has priority over the wireless streaming.Checked with Apple and it appears lossless audio is only passed when using a cable. And let’s face it, with that Meridian system you would want to feed it best possible quality! For everything else, there’s no doubt wireless CarPlay is very convenient.