Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
For me it's always Google maps via Apple CarPlay. I have also used Waze, ZapMap and Wattsup. I have never used the Jaguar navigation, although I do keep the maps up to date. There are a couple of wireless charging options if you check out Abu Dhabi Dude's YouTube channel.
My current setup is the Carlinkit2 and the wireless charging mat.
I will wait with interest for the Pivi 3.0.0 update. Ironically, my wife's £24k Mini Electric was wireless CarPlay from day one.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I expected this from the outset which is the only reason I specced the charging pad.

·
Registered
486 Posts
To do honest, the built-in navigation system in the Jag is the best I ever used in a car, especially when you have a data plan in the car. You can do fuzzy search like "museum xxx" and it will search for the address, it provides a google street view of the destination, you can easily add or remove steps before destination, it will add charging stop, it has real time traffic so the proposed path takes care of the traffic, etc, etc... And you always have it on the infotainment screen, on the screen behind the steering wheel, and in the HUD. ZERO complain about it, just love it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pivi Pro graphics are really nice, crisp and soft on the eye, integrated directions on the HUD is very convenient. One important aspect where it fails is the automatically added charging stops on longer trips. You have no control over which charging networks you want to use. Initial estimation of arrival SoC and charging delays are inaccurate.

·
Registered
486 Posts
One important aspect where it fails is the automatically added charging stops on longer trips. You have no control over which charging networks you want to use. Initial estimation of arrival SoC and charging delays are inaccurate.
On this aspect, I don't know I don't rely on the navigation system to plan my stop because it is really dependant on your consumption at that time (wind, snow, rain, speed, ...) and the system does not know if chargers are available. IN Quebec we have a wonderful charger operator (Circuit Electrique) that install tons of new chargers every year, everywhere, and their app is fantastic to locate any chargers.
The SatNav system is always off with Soc at destination. I know it. Never rely on that info. Usually the error is about 10-15% on long journey.

·
Registered
90 Posts
On this aspect, I don't know I don't rely on the navigation system to plan my stop because it is really dependant on your consumption at that time (wind, snow, rain, speed, ...) and the system does not know if chargers are available. IN Quebec we have a wonderful charger operator (Circuit Electrique) that install tons of new chargers every years, everywhere, and their app is fantastic to locate any chargers.
The SatNav system is always off with Soc at destination. I know it. Never rely on that info. Usually the error is about 10-15% on long journey.
I use ABRP and Tronity to optimise on the longer routes based on my subscriptions and preferred networks. ABRP is available then via Apple Carplay. Control of the selection of subscribed networks is quite important since the price differences can be substantial, at least here in Germany. It would be nice to be able to have a Jaguar route planner and then send the way-points to the onboard navigation system. They had something along these lines in the pipeline, it appeared as an extra tab in the remote app and then disappeared after 2 days.

·
Registered
486 Posts
ABRP is overkill for me. I know exactly how the car behaves, I know , by heart, where the interesting 100kw+ chargers are now, so when I need to go somewhere, I just get into the car and drive, and I know that when I will need to refill, I will use my preferred chargers (I know where they are), or I know that I will be able to find a charger within a 50km radius without any problem. I use my cell app from the charger operator to locate them.

I don't know about PiviPro, but in ControlTouch Pro there is setting for the satnav to choose which network charger you want to see on screen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In Pivi Pro navigation options it only presents the categories Subscription or Creditcard as payment options, no possibility to define which charging network. In the meantime I know where I want to charge on regular routes but ABRP is very useful for planning new routes.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Having used both Pivi Pro and touch duo pro, I have to say that I agree with Dernotte about the latter but on the other hand Pivi Pro is much more on the spot under normal weather conditions and provided that you do not exceed the speed limits of your planned journey.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just got the car back from JLR service for H364 update and to fix a problem I had in remote controlling the car. Since the car was being serviced I asked if it was possible to get Pivi Pro 3.0 wihtout having to wait for SOTA. The result is kind of weird:
  • collect the car with 2.1.6 installed
  • dashboard has the new Pivi Pro 3.0 layout
  • wireless Android Auto is working even without unpairing and paring again the phone as reccomended in some internet report
  • within 5 minutes of drving the car notified me that version 2.1.7 was ready to be installed
  • after the installation the version is 2.1.7, the dashboard has the 3.0 layout and wireless AA is working.

Please don't ask me how it's possible .... :LOL:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I had 2.1.7 apply last night which seems to be about battery management anyone have any idea what the change is?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just been out for a drive having applied 2.1.7. They have changed something with the regenerative breaking. The Hi setting seems to be much less effective, one pedal driving doesn’t seem like an option. The Lo setting is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The Hi regenerative braking seems the same as before to me. On the other hand auto hill holder disappeared from the options and it seems not anymore available.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can still access the regenerative braking levels via the EV panel on the main screen. Tap on the cogs with the lightning symbol through it on the bottom of the EV panel. I also have the impression that the regenerative braking is "softer" than before the update. I have reset Pivi with no effect.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Following the update to 2.1.7, the Regenerative braking seems to be "Lo" and I cannot find the feature in the Pivi Pro at all.
I got my car back with low regen and indeed I had problems in find the settings. The easiest way is to add "EV" tile on the main screen (the vertical rectangles) and there you'll find both creep and Hi/Lo regen settings.

If someone finds auto hill holder setting please let me know on the other hand as I can't locate it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In fact it’s worse - the 2.1.7 update has completely stopped the USB ports from working - no phone charging, no CarPlay - nothing!
Are you sure it's all the USB ports? I started a thread about the USB ports in the cubby box not working, yet the fuse was ok, as too were the other USBs. After a couple of days they are working again. I am still on 2.1.6 but I know the car has received some packets of data via our home wifi, so I am just wondering if the temporary loss is in preparation for the forthcoming 3.0 update. Just a thought.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts