Re: Car Seized Up Completely - Multiple Errors, Wheels locked, Car Shutdown

Post by kermit68 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:18 pm

briboynyc wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:24 pm
kermit68 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:09 pm
briboynyc wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:48 pm
..... I tap the accelerator and all of a sudden...THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Kinda like the car was bunny hoping sorta like the brakes were engaged and i was forcing it to move. Now I have a Gearbox fault detected

I stopped the car, put it into park and then put it into drive. Move a few feet and THUMP THUMP THUMP. Pulled the car over and called roadside assistance ....
The thump thump thump happened to me too together with a DSC fault error message. In my case they replaced the front motor inverter which turned out to be faulty. It needed 5 weeks to dealer to sort the problem ...
Your case seems to be more complicated with all those error messages, I'm not sure if the two cases can be correlated but you may mention it to your dealer. It won't hurt ;)
You mentioned it took 5 weeks to sort out the problem. What did Jaguar try before replacing the front motor inverter. Any suggestions, fixes, etc I can feed to the dealership for them to try.
First the tried to understand the problem locally, I guess for a week or so. Then they ask for support to jaguar in uk and they started to do tests and report to jlr the results. Finally they ordered a new inverter and mounted it. Some days for final checks and here you have the 5 weeks.
MY20 Yulong White SE, 20", air suspension, privacy glass, black pack and other fine stuffs

chris3torek

Post by chris3torek » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:55 am

Mine is at my dealer now, having done basically the same thing some time between Friday (1 Nov 2019) and Sunday (3 Nov). Fortunately it was parked in the garage when it went into total failure.

It started with a warning ("OK to drive with caution, brake pedal feel reduced") the previous week. I had called and asked for advice on it and got nothing - crickets. After it failed completely on Sunday, I called (both Sunday, and then Monday morning) and eventually got it flatbedded in to the dealer (late Monday afternoon).

Technician is "running tests", no new information yet. The error messages that I recall were the same four or so: the brake warning, "traction battery fault", "gearbox fault", "ASPC not available". (Not sure if I had the "stability control not available" message.) Blinking P on dashboard and console.

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:47 pm

So your dealers have the same script to follow as ours. Must be an international thing.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345. It has gone backwards, now S20B_20.27.3-568398 @ 26/7/2020
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

chris3torek

Post by chris3torek » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 am

Have my iPace back. It's fine now. They never said what the problem might be, nor what they did, but it was all covered under warranty, at least.

malakai

Post by malakai » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Aw jeeze. I've been away for a week and a half, and as of this morning, my IPace is sitting dead in the garage with the same symptoms (minus the 'thump thump') Dealership thinks its a dead 12v battery. They asked me to take it off the charger, lock it, and let it sit for 45 minutes to see if it'll gain some charge back on its own- but no luck.

They've asked me to call JLR roadside tomorrow to arrange a towing, and they've told me to be SURE to tell them that its an IPace and to send someone knowledgeable for the car, or it is going to be a fiasco getting it onto the truck.

Ya know, I really love driving my IPace, but I gotta say its the least reliable car I've had in 30 odd years of ownership... *sigh*
😸 ⚡ 2019 I-Pace HSE EV400 / Silicon Silver, Black / Siena Tan, Ebony, Oyster / 20" 5068's
🇺🇸 ✋ Detroit Michigan

malakai

Post by malakai » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:57 pm

malakai wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 pm
They've asked me to call JLR roadside tomorrow to arrange a towing, and they've told me to be SURE to tell them that its an IPace and to send someone knowledgeable for the car, or it is going to be a fiasco getting it onto the truck.
And,,,, its a fiasco. I used the breakdown button to call roadside yesterday morning. 90 minutes later a flatbed showed up. The driver looked at the car for three minutes and said "Nice car man! Beautiful car! But I can't move it, its electric and the wheels are stuck." He left, I called JLR again. They said wait around for another 90 minutes, someone else will come with wheel dollies and a flatbed. Two hours later, no truck. JLR says they have to make some calls, and I need to wait around for another 90 minutes. Nothin'. Six hours later, at 11:30 at night, I got a voice mail from some tow truck guy who says "I don't have the right gear to haul your car, please call JLR and tell them."

Today is a new day. I'm going to finish this coffee and try again...
😸 ⚡ 2019 I-Pace HSE EV400 / Silicon Silver, Black / Siena Tan, Ebony, Oyster / 20" 5068's
🇺🇸 ✋ Detroit Michigan

malakai

Post by malakai » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:31 pm

HA ha ha... and as of this morning, I finally have my very first "sota" update available. I wonder if the dealership enabled it, thinking they would have the car this morning. ;)

Anyway, the very nice Canadian 🇨🇦 at the roadside service call center has told me that another truck will appear with the proper gear at my garage sometime in the next three hours. Hopefully it will be a quick haul and fix after that.
🇺🇸 ✋ Detroit Michigan

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:29 pm

malakai wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:31 pm
HA ha ha... and as of this morning, I finally have my very first "sota" update available. I wonder if the dealership enabled it, thinking they would have the car this morning. ;)

Anyway, the very nice Canadian 🇨🇦 at the roadside service call center has told me that another truck will appear with the proper gear at my garage sometime in the next three hours. Hopefully it will be a quick haul and fix after that.
Now you've got us all hooked; better than EastEnders on UK TV. (but so is paint drying).
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345. It has gone backwards, now S20B_20.27.3-568398 @ 26/7/2020
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

Post by ***** » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:44 pm

malakai wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:31 pm

3 hours later....

Any news?

malakai

Post by malakai » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Yes! It is now 6 hours since my first calls this morning. The truck didn't show up as promised. JLR roadside said... "we'll have to make some calls, someone will call you back soon". :|

I called my dealer to let them know that I was not the hold up, and to explain what was going on. They said "OK you aren't going to fool around with this anymore. We have a tow company that we trust, we'll call them, get the car, and send JLR a bill." An hour later, JLR roadside called me to apologize for the wait, and they were still trying to get someone out later today. I told 'em to cancel. Another hour later, and my dealer's flatbed showed up.

0.jpg

The problem of course is that the car won't turn off its parking brake or go into neutral without enough 12v power. The tow driver got out a jumper box, and we figured out how to get it onto a 12v battery, which is was located under a panel in the froot. After many tries and some cursing, the car managed to take enough charge to turn off the parking brake, but the gearbox still wouldn't go out of park. Thus a call placed to JLR support by the tow guy to try and figure that out, while we sat on hold. Some creative google searching hinted that there might be a magic handle under the froot near the battery to force the car into neutral, and sure enough there was! For future reference, here is what that hard to spot widget looks like.

1.jpg

The car is now on its way to my dealership.

2.jpg

I hope they'll be able to fix it in short order, and I'll report back when they do! :D
🇺🇸 ✋ Detroit Michigan