Reversing beeps and sounds

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
pedro1664
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:30 pm
Location: Reading

Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by pedro1664 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am

Hi

I think i know the answer but going to ask anyway....

I live in a small cul-de-sac with 5-6 houses, when I reverse out of my drive the car makes its beep beeb beep sounds, plus the whooshing sounds... not sure what they are called. I have been asked if the sounds can be muted as it wakes one of my neighbours when i leave early morning.

I had not even given it a thought as it appears so quite in the car.... I have said i don’t think so but thought it worth asking!!?

Also, when will the noise be added to all EV's when driving forwards at low speed, and will an update add it to existing cars?

Thanks in advance
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19B


User avatar
Thincat
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:20 pm
Location: Leicestershire, UK

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by Thincat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:22 am

There must be a way of stopping or reducing the noise - if you can find where it is coming from and someone must know.
How about borrowing an F-Pace SVR for a couple of days? The sound from the exhaust would make your neighbour happy to accept the beeping when you get the I-Pace back :lol:
Cesium Blue HSE no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .


scm
Posts: 661
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by scm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:30 am

Why not back into your drive - that way you'll only annoy the neighbours when they're wide awake?


fa147
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: London / United Kingdom

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by fa147 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:42 am

scm wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:30 am
Why not back into your drive - that way you'll only annoy the neighbours when they're wide awake?
You've got to love it when the answer to a problem could (potentially) be even simpler than you had thought...
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.156


SammyD
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm
Location: N.E Hampshire, UK

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by SammyD » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:57 am

pedro1664 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am
Hi

I think i know the answer but going to ask anyway....

I live in a small cul-de-sac with 5-6 houses, when I reverse out of my drive the car makes its beep beeb beep sounds, plus the whooshing sounds... not sure what they are called. I have been asked if the sounds can be muted as it wakes one of my neighbours when i leave early morning.

I had not even given it a thought as it appears so quite in the car.... I have said i don’t think so but thought it worth asking!!?

Also, when will the noise be added to all EV's when driving forwards at low speed, and will an update add it to existing cars?

Thanks in advance
I'd love for there to be an option to mute these sounds when you are at your designated home location or at least turn the sensor sensitivity down from '11' to '1'.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S19B_* Maps : whatever is current.


Trigger
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:11 am
Location: Reigate UK

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by Trigger » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm

I don't know about the whooshing noises but the reversing beeps is annoying my neighbours a lot.
My drive is quite tight so it takes a couple of goes to fit the Jag in the space and all the while "beep.....beep.....beep" - surely there must be a way of not sounding like a lorry reversing. Especially As I often come home late at night after gigs - there isn't room to go in forwards.
This noise is one of the few annoying things about the Jag.
Photon Red HSE


aquiss
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Location: Shropshire, United Kingdom

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by aquiss » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Trigger wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm
This noise is one of the few annoying things about the Jag.
I'm pretty sure it's a EU requirement to have the sound and I'm sure there will be a min level at which this needs to operate at.

Therefore, neighbours are just going to have to get used to getting annoyed or install double glazing :mrgreen: :lol:


ChrisMc
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:51 pm
Location: North West

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by ChrisMc » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:14 pm

aquiss wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm
Trigger wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm
This noise is one of the few annoying things about the Jag.
I'm pretty sure it's a EU requirement to have the sound and I'm sure there will be a min level at which this needs to operate at.

Therefore, neighbours are just going to have to get used to getting annoyed or install double glazing :mrgreen: :lol:
Yes that's right, I think it became law in July this year.

Edit: https://futurism.com/the-byte/electric- ... noises-evs
MY20 - I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc
InControlTouch Pro: S18D Updated 31.07.19 Updated 20.09.19 & 21.10.19 to S19B Telematics: Was 14.2 Now 16.2?? - H228


fa147
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 pm
Location: London / United Kingdom

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by fa147 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Trigger wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:23 pm
I don't know about the whooshing noises but the reversing beeps is annoying my neighbours a lot.
My drive is quite tight so it takes a couple of goes to fit the Jag in the space and all the while "beep.....beep.....beep" - surely there must be a way of not sounding like a lorry reversing. Especially As I often come home late at night after gigs - there isn't room to go in forwards.
This noise is one of the few annoying things about the Jag.
To be honest, you've got to approach it from a "what has been gained" not "what has been lost"....

Would they prefer the background beeping noise of an electric car, or the clatter of a diesel engine when you both arrived in the evening and departed in the morning???

If you ask someone who is feeling well if they would like to catch a cold, they will (of course) say no. However if you ask that same person which they would prefer, a cold or the flu, they will accept the cold willingly... ;)
I-Pace MY20 HSE, Corris Grey, Ebony/Ebony Interior, 20” Grey & Diamond Turned, Panoramic Roof
IMC: S19B_19.40.4-436082 | Telematics: 16.2 | Map 8.30.100.156


pedro1664
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:30 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by pedro1664 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:50 pm

scm wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:30 am
Why not back into your drive - that way you'll only annoy the neighbours when they're wide awake?
Great idea, but my charger cable then won't reach, so I can do that a few days a week I guess, also now I know I don't select reverse and then sit fiddling with my phone etc

4 seconds I counted this morning
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19B


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”