Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Thincat

Re: Reversing beeps and sounds

Post by Thincat » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:58 pm

pedro1664 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:50 pm
scm wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:30 am
Why not back into your drive - that way you'll only annoy the neighbours when they're wide awake?
Great idea, but my charger cable then won't reach, so I can do that a few days a week I guess, also now I know I don't select reverse and then sit fiddling with my phone etc

4 seconds I counted this morning
There are two simple solutions:
(1) an extension charger cable so that you can charge having reversed into your drive (make sure you get the right type) or
(2) we get someone to tell us where the fuse is so that it can be removed or where the sounder is so that a switch can be inserted into the cable to it. The technicians at your dealership must know where they are.
Cesium Blue HSE no sunroof, air suspension, HUD. Changed 20in wheels to 18in :D .

Volkswarren

Post by Volkswarren » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:24 pm

Lol
HSE, Caesium Blue, 22" 5056 Alloys, Oyster Leather, Active Air Suspension, Cold Pack, Black Pack, Privacy glass and Pano roof. Podpoint Homecharger. Telematics: 16.2 | InControl: S19B_19.40.4-436082

scm

Post by scm » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:45 pm

Thincat wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:49 pm
I recommend an F-Pace SVR because of the loud exhaust noise and if you really want to annoy them press the "loud" button!
Better to switch to dynamic mode .... ;)

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Jeez, he should try living next to my neighbours then. We have a row of houses and a small parking area behind our house and one of the houses parks a 7 year old BMW M5 with what I can only assume is no silencers or catalytic converters whatsoever in the exhaust system, so that thing sounds like a Spitfire starting up, and if it's not him then the kn0bhead next door to him has a Harley Davidson which also must have no silencers or cats at all, and is somehow even louder, and it takes him what seems like an eternity to painstakingly get it in and out of his back gate to put it in his back garden, always with the engine running, whether he's leaving at 6:30am or returning home at 2am in the morning. No common courtesy or respect whatsoever. :roll:

If the worst I had from my neighbours was a barely perceptible beep for 4 seconds morning and night I'd consider myself exceptionally lucky! :lol:
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

pedro1664

Post by pedro1664 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:01 pm

RJUK wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:11 pm
Jeez, he should try living next to my neighbours then. We have a row of houses and a small parking area behind our house and one of the houses parks a 7 year old BMW M5 with what I can only assume is no silencers or catalytic converters whatsoever in the exhaust system, so that thing sounds like a Spitfire starting up, and if it's not him then the kn0bhead next door to him has a Harley Davidson which also must have no silencers or cats at all, and is somehow even louder, and it takes him what seems like an eternity to painstakingly get it in and out of his back gate to put it in his back garden, always with the engine running, whether he's leaving at 6:30am or returning home at 2am in the morning. No common courtesy or respect whatsoever. :roll:

If the worst I had from my neighbours was a barely perceptible beep for 4 seconds morning and night I'd consider myself exceptionally lucky! :lol:
UPDATE:

He has thanked me for reducing the time of the beeps, so he noticed... nice!
I-Pace HSE, Silicon Silver, 22" 5056 Black Pack
IMC: S19B

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Wow, I wonder if he counted the exact number of beeps?! :lol:

The muppet behind us spent his usual 5 minutes messing about with his Harley at 7:30am this morning.

I'm just crossing my fingers that one of the other neighbours loses their rag before me and chucks his bike in a pond or something. :twisted: :lol:
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

scm

Post by scm » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Just get an anti-social order against him?

Return to “Faults & Technical”