Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Preferred charging period

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  daliem 
#1 ·
Hi

I've got an off peak energy tariff. I use the timed charging and set preferred period as 00.30 - 07.30. If I've the period isn't enough to fully charge the battery and I'm not using the car the next day I set the departure date for a few days time. Everything happens as it should before the charge ie it flashes blue and only starts charging and the start time, however it doesn't stop/pause at 7.30, it just continues and I have to manually pause it therefore making the end time irrelevant. I had the latest update hoping it would fix this but no joy. Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 ·
What telematic version do you have on your car and which charging device are you using.

P.S. it would be helpful to capture this information and display it within your signature so that others are able to see this and don't necessary have to ask the question; like my signature.

#3 ·
Are you setting up a preferred charging time in your car before? Eg 00:30 -07:30 then set departure time a day or more ahead, switch off your car and a screen pops up with No or Yes, hit Yes and go and plug your car in. If you have a charger with a timer on it prior to doing the above set the charger from say 15:00 hours to 07:30, this is what I was using for the last 12 months prior to WattCat having timed charging working.

If you have an Android phone, get WattCat and use timed charging on that, it's much easier.

#4 ·
This topic has been much discussed. Basically, JLR's implementation of setting charge times sucks. See the thread
https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1359&hilit=Preferred
which is pretty old but I don't think things have improved.
As ChrisMc suggests, either use WattCatt, or get a mechanical timer for your charger; or get up at 07:30 and turn it off!

#5 ·
DougTheMac said:
This topic has been much discussed. Basically, JLR's implementation of setting charge times sucks. See the thread
https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1359&hilit=Preferred
which is pretty old but I don't think things have improved.
As ChrisMc suggests, either use WattCatt, or get a mechanical timer for your charger; or get up at 07:30 and turn it off!
Thank you, so programming the system to have an end time was pointless. Amazing! 😄

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.