Vehicle asleep - and won't wake up!

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Jayzee

Vehicle asleep - and won't wake up!

Post by Jayzee » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:54 am

Hi - I'm new here. Have a blue SE, around 6 weeks old. Loving the car, but starting to lose patience with the apps and related things.

Most notably, the Remote app hasn't connected for 5 or 6 days because, supposedly, the vehicle is asleep. (I don't know why it went to sleep in the first place). It now says, on the app, that "Manual vehicle start will restore remote features." I'm not totally sure what "manual vehicle start" means but it must surely include driving about 700 miles over the weekend??! But still it sleeps.

Relatedly, Apple CarPlay is "not available". (I have tried different leads!) Nor is the InControl app - not sure how that relates to the Remote app...?

Would really appreciate any help!

Thank you!

DrPhil

Re: Vehicle asleep - and won't wake up!

Post by DrPhil » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am

Is the car not functioning at all?

Did you try to unwake through the Remote app

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

i-Pace SE, 20" , Air Suspension, Panormaic roof, light Oyster leather, Sillicon Silver, delivered on October 11th 2018, driven 83.000km (September 15th 2020).

SammyD

Post by SammyD » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:49 am

Jayzee wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:54 am
Hi - I'm new here. Have a blue SE, around 6 weeks old. Loving the car, but starting to lose patience with the apps and related things.

Most notably, the Remote app hasn't connected for 5 or 6 days because, supposedly, the vehicle is asleep. (I don't know why it went to sleep in the first place). It now says, on the app, that "Manual vehicle start will restore remote features." I'm not totally sure what "manual vehicle start" means but it must surely include driving about 700 miles over the weekend??! But still it sleeps.

Relatedly, Apple CarPlay is "not available". (I have tried different leads!) Nor is the InControl app - not sure how that relates to the Remote app...?

Would really appreciate any help!

Thank you!
The car is designed to 'go to sleep' after about 4 days. This reduces power consumption considerably and avoids the 'drain' issues that Tesla's seem to suffer from.
Owners have left their car parked for weeks and not lost a significant amount of high voltage battery power.
Driving "Hirundo Rustica" since 15th Mar 2019. Lovely Jubbly :D :D
S20B_20.27.3-568398 Maps : whatever is current.

Jayzee

Post by Jayzee » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Thanks for your reply. My problem though is how to wake it up again! Any ideas? Thanks

Jayzee

Post by Jayzee » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:11 pm

DrPhil wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am
Is the car not functioning at all?

Did you try to unwake through the Remote app
IMG_0584.jpgIMG_0583.jpg
Thank you - no, I didn't try this. However, "Wake Up Timer" is greyed out in the app so I can't select it...
The car functions perfectly and has been driven a lot since it "went to sleep"! But it apparently is still asleep

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:46 pm

Jayzee wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Thank you - no, I didn't try this. However, "Wake Up Timer" is greyed out in the app so I can't select it...
The car functions perfectly and has been driven a lot since it "went to sleep"! But it apparently is still asleep
You can only set the wake up timer in the app while the car is still “awake”. Once it’s gone to sleep there is no way for the server to send it a wake up command, so it has to be set in advance. However, it should wake up after the next drive cycle, so if you have used the car and it is still asleep, there is an issue. You may require a TCU update or reset by the dealer.

Abu Dhabi Dude

Post by Abu Dhabi Dude » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:56 pm

What you can do is attempt to restart the connection by holding down the “service call” button in the roof (the one with the spanner on it), and keeping it held down until the light starts flashing slowly (takes about 10 seconds). Then release the button and the car should reconnect.

IpacePete

Post by IpacePete » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi Jayzee

My car lost communication on Tuesday 25/8 and currently asleep. Reported to jaguar and did the procedure below with no joy.
Last time in November 2019 I had the same problem after some time it just started working again with the message server problem.

To resolve the concern with the app please follow the steps below.

1. Check Google Play / iOS App Store for any available InControl Remote updates.

2. Log out and close down the app completely on your phone.

3. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive or complete this following your next routine journey.

4. Press and hold the "B-Call" button (indicated by a spanner icon) in the overhead console for 15 seconds.

5. Launch the app once again and log in.

Currently awaiting tech team to contact me.
Although it does mean you have to go out to it check it more often.

Bye the way welcome to the forum.
White MY20 - I Pace HSE , Mars Red interior
Delivered 29/04/19
Incontrol S20B1_20.30.2-578440
Vehicle Connectivity 18.2
Battery Energy Control System: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Jayzee

Post by Jayzee » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Many thanks for your replies. I will try the steps recommended by Ipace Pete. I did try pushing that B-Call / service call button last night, to no avail - though not in concert with the other steps you suggest.

Will report back!

And thanks for the welcome! :-)

Jayzee

Post by Jayzee » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:26 pm

Abu Dhabi Dude wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:46 pm
Jayzee wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:11 pm

You can only set the wake up timer in the app while the car is still “awake”. Once it’s gone to sleep there is no way for the server to send it a wake up command, so it has to be set in advance. However, it should wake up after the next drive cycle, so if you have used the car and it is still asleep, there is an issue. You may require a TCU update or reset by the dealer.
Useful to know, thanks