Vehicle asleep - and won't wake up!

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar I-Pace
Ayepace

Re: Vehicle asleep - and won't wake up!

Post by Ayepace » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:22 am

WattCat is not from Jaguar.

I had the problem too.

I let the car go into deep sleep mode (don't power it on for more than 100 hours - 96 hours is documented but I measured it at 100 hours while doing a charging test). I had other means of transportation so I was able to tolerate this. I landed up with it sleeping for 5 days due to the 100 hours coming in the evening when I didn't need to drive it. The next day I drove it about 8 miles. I checked the Jaguar Remote app and it got data. Garbage data that didn't match the car display. I did the procedure for the optimized assistance button, shut it off, and a few minutes later checked the app. It showed the same data as the car displayed. It's all better now but it should not have happened at all.

I do not know what the effect would have been if I had tried the button process sooner. I just figured the TCU would reboot when it came out of deep sleep. Apparently it did.

The true fix is the TCU update. I wish they'd push it out OTA before more people are exasperated by this and their cars can't communicate and get the update.

elbocko

Post by elbocko » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:57 pm

Jayzee wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:20 pm
dh1968 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:11 pm
My car lost connection for more than a week also. In the JLR app it stated it was asleep, eventhough I drove it every single day. The car wasn't updating in both the JLR and Wattcat app.
Yesterday evening, while trying again to "wake the car up" through repeatedly logging in and out of the app and removing and adding my incontrol information etc, I tried the "alarm signal" button in the top of the screen of the Wattcat app and to my surprise my car started beeping on the driveway. Eversince it has been "up" again and connection is reestablished both in Wattcat and the JLR app. Everything updating fine again.

Maybe I was just lucky, but who knows this may also work for others?

The button is next to the refresh icon and looks a bit like a flashlight.
Interesting. Is WattCat a Jaguar app just for android? In some ways it's better?
Wattcat was written by one of the Forum members, Ardevd,
who understands APIs and writing apps and stuff like that. I do not think that he has anything to do with Jaguar though he probably should be.
El Bocko

E 2ERO, SE, Firenze Red, MY19, 18". Still loving it.
Infotainment - S20C_20.16.5-536345. It has gone backwards, now S20B_20.27.3-568398 @ 26/7/2020
Vehicle Connectivity 17.2,
Battery Energy Control Shh, it won't say. H264v3 completed.

IpacePete

Post by IpacePete » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Quick update just got back from the dealers for a TCU update which in fact failed my car wouldn't except it. The good news is that what ever they did got the remote app working again after 3 weeks of not updating. Unfortunately the dealer have no idea what fixed it.
Still love the car.
White MY20 - I Pace HSE , Mars Red interior
Delivered 29/04/19
Incontrol S20B1_20.30.2-578440
Vehicle Connectivity 18.2
Battery Energy Control System: BN-AAE-BC-AC-BE

Davidg999

Post by Davidg999 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:21 pm

My car had the issue too - apparently other Jaguars arent communicating with remote app either and there’s a software fix for it. Mine is now sorted after not communicating with app for 3 weeks

SPARKO

Post by SPARKO » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 am

in my experience, just connecting the car to the computer at the dealer will wake it up without them doing anything more. That makes it difficult to diagnose the problem because it has gone immediately. (the car usually stops communicating again later the same day )
MY19 HSE. Black with black kit. 20 inch wheels. Dynamic air suspension, panoramic roof, heated steering wheel, 4 zone climate.