Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

No Heat in Car

30K views 74 replies 28 participants last post by  Dporter95 
#1 ·
Hi all I hope you are all staying safe and keeping well? As of this week I have no heat in the car cabin at all! (Been fine for nearly 12 months since I bought the car). Steering wheel and seats are heating fine (as you would expect as they are not part of the cabin heating).

Does not matter if A/C is on or off, doesn't matter what I do with heating controls - no heat in cabin. Anyone any ideas please!

I am waiting for Jag Service to call me back to book it in but just wondered if anyone else has had this issue? Maybe it's me being a numpty with the heating controls (you never know - LOL).

#3 ·
I was going to suggest check the fuses but looking at my IGUIDE there is no heater fuse listed, only an HVAC 5 amp fuse and you're not going to do much heating with that, maybe there is one listed in your guide. I hope it is something straightforward this weather.

#4 ·
Delta5 said:
I was going to suggest check the fuses but looking at my IGUIDE there is no heater fuse listed, only an HVAC 5 amp fuse and you're not going to do much heating with that, maybe there is one listed in your guide. I hope it is something straightforward this weather.
There are a lot of fuses, look for AC, cooler and cooling. It is coolant that heats your cabin.

#5 ·
I thought I remembered reading that there was a resistive heater as well as heat pump

#6 ·
#7 ·
Thanks for all your help guys. Car is booked into Jag garage next Wednesday 10th. I will let you know....I was thinking maybe the heat pump has gone...

#8 ·
Hi all update for you and I have to say I am VERY impressed with my local Jag dealer, Marshalls of Cambridge. I know some people/a person on here have/has been very unimpressed with them but they have just seriously impressed me! When I telephoned them last week to book the car in I was told that if I wanted a courtesy car the earliest they could book me in was late March. They also did not have any "waiting appointments" for a while. Obviously with no heat in the car I wanted it sorting sooner rather than later. Marshalls said if I could drop it off and leave it they would look at it ASAP for me. I droppped it off yesterday and received an update phone call last night - the technician had investigated my heated seats turning off once I pulled away (had to turn them back on again every time), an update should fix that one and the technician was continuing to diagnose the no heat in the cabin fault. I had another phone call quite early this morning with another update. As suggested in this post it is the high voltage heater that has failed. Marshalls can't get one until 28th February at the very earliest but they have arranged a replacement iPace for me which I am collecting this afternoon. I received another call from Jaguar Assist just asking for driving license details and job done! Considering Marshalls of Cambridge don't have an iPace courtesy car (usually end up with an XF or XE) I was very impressed that they have "magiced one up" so quickly without me even asking. I just assumed they would keep mine until it was repaired - end of. I know its a breakdown of sorts but the car is driveable. (luckily we do have a second vehicle hence we were able to drive the half hour there yesterday to drop it off and then get back home under our own steam so to speak....So overall VERY IMPRESSED.

#69 ·
I have the same problem in my 70 plate IPACE HSE. Happily I've found this answer so I know its not me doing something wrong as I can't get any heat out of the A/C. I've booked it in to Jaguar Staples Corner in London for a while u wait diagnostics session... I have no doubt they'll not be able to fix it on the spot but at least they can order the part for it.

#10 ·
10cc said:
Hi all update for you and I have to say I am VERY impressed with my local Jag dealer, Marshalls of Cambridge. I know some people/a person on here have/has been very unimpressed with them but they have just seriously impressed me! When I telephoned them last week to book the car in I was told that if I wanted a courtesy car the earliest they could book me in was late March. They also did not have any "waiting appointments" for a while. Obviously with no heat in the car I wanted it sorting sooner rather than later. Marshalls said if I could drop it off and leave it they would look at it ASAP for me. I droppped it off yesterday and received an update phone call last night - the technician had investigated my heated seats turning off once I pulled away (had to turn them back on again every time), an update should fix that one and the technician was continuing to diagnose the no heat in the cabin fault. I had another phone call quite early this morning with another update. As suggested in this post it is the high voltage heater that has failed. Marshalls can't get one until 28th February at the very earliest but they have arranged a replacement iPace for me which I am collecting this afternoon. I received another call from Jaguar Assist just asking for driving license details and job done! Considering Marshalls of Cambridge don't have an iPace courtesy car (usually end up with an XF or XE) I was very impressed that they have "magiced one up" so quickly without me even asking. I just assumed they would keep mine until it was repaired - end of. I know its a breakdown of sorts but the car is driveable. (luckily we do have a second vehicle hence we were able to drive the half hour there yesterday to drop it off and then get back home under our own steam so to speak....So overall VERY IMPRESSED.
Hi 10cc.
Same here. No heat in car and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree with warning messages and lights. Called Jag on Friday 5th Feb. Jag Technician came and connected laptop said 'all is now ok'. Technician back again on Sunday, still got a Christmas tree of don't drive messages and warning lights. This time he said 'with the heater problem at trip back to the Jaguar hospital is needed'. He arranged a loan car and for my Ipace to be taken back on a trailer. This all happened on Monday 8th. Now have a nice new Land Rover :) petrol :eek: sitting on the drive. A call from Jaguar Norwich on Wednesday 12th to say heater and pipe work ordered but will be over two weeks for the parts to come. As you say, very Impressed with the service.

#11 ·
Hi all. I went to Marshalls this afternoon to collect my replacement iPace and they have FOUR iPaces in - all with high voltage heater failures!!!!!!!
I didn't get any warning lights or other issues Al's iPace but it looks like we are joinging a growing number of owners with heater failures!

Looks like a previously unknown issue has just come to the surface........

#13 ·
Apart from the 0 - 60 DarrellJ :mrgreen:

#16 ·
That would be great if we can fully understand how to get information and value for every component of this diagram (temp, valve position, RPM, volt, amp, etc...). That would greatly help understanding any heat problem.

Capture d'écran, le 2021-02-13 à 11.02.20.png

Attachments

#17 ·
Hi all had an update on my car yesterday. The proposed delivery date of 28th Feb for the new heater has been put back to "delivery date unknown"!

Dealer says it's on the most urgently required status. Watch this space!!

#18 ·
Hi 10cc
Same here. Glad it's not just me suffering. Had a text updating me from Jaguar Norwich 'no ETA for the parts required for your vehicle. I will let you know when we have more information. Parts on order heater and pipes.
I don't even have an Ipace as a replacement. Land Rover replacement is nowhere near as good as the Ipace.
Let's keep our fingers x that we get our cars back soon.

#74 ·
I’ve had my iPace for 2 years. 4k miles. For the second winter on the trot no heating. Last time it took 6 weeks to fix. They won’t even give me a date this time. Absolutely useless but I can’t get out of my finance agreement without penalty so am stuck without hearing for the foreseeable. Hopeless (and I know other iPace owners with exactly the same issue…)

#21 ·
Al's Ipace and DavidG999......Very sorry you have not got iPaces as replacement cars but you might not want mine either!

When I collected my loan car, it had under 400 miles on the clock. It is a 70 plate so obviously it is practically brand new. It has the PiviPro system. Hardly using the car at the moment because of lockdown but the issues I am experiencing with this brand new loan car are:

1: 50% of the time when I start the car the cabin heating controls are automatically on the "Lo" heat setting.

2: Twice now have had both central touch screens go black. Which adds insult to injury as my car is at the Main Dealer for no heat in the cabin and obviously you have no heater or heated seat controls if the screens are black! This is compounded by the issue in "1" above as 50% of the time on starting the car the heating is set to "Lo", so if you also get black screens you then have cold air blowing into the cabin.

3: 50% of the time the cruise control does not work!

4: Charging issues:

I have the Octopus "Go" tariff at home and a Rolec "dumb" charger. I take advantage of the 4 hours cheaper overnight electricity by using the timed charging via the "MyPace" app which on the whole works quite well.

I needed to charge the car overnight last Friday for the first time. Now obviously I cannot use any of the official Jaguar apps or the MyPace app on my phone to communicate with this loan car and set preferred charging times as they are set to communicate with my car sat at the Main Dealers. No worries I naively thought.....I will set the preferred charging time from inside the car using the PiviPro system. (I knew I had previously seen a button in there labelled "Use preferred charging") and I naturally assumed once I pressed this button that I would get a new screen pop up allowing me to set the charging times - oh no! You do not get a second screen pop up so you cannot set your preferred times!!

I hunted high and low in the PiviPro but could not find it anywhere. In the end I telephoned my Main Dealer. Got a lovely Receptionist who went away to find a salesman to ask.....She came back and said "I am very sorry but you cannot set those times from inside the car - only by using the app". She then said to me...."I said to the salesman that's a bit rubbish isn't it"?

Now I have never tried to do this on my own iPace (June 2019 MY20 model with InControl Touch Pro Duo) so I don't know if it was a feature on the earlier cars and has been removed or not. But I mean......come on JLR........Think ahead a little PLEASE......

Then Sat morning I came to unplug the charge lead and I couldn't! I had to open the bonnet and use the red emergency cord to release the charging plug lock!

Now my Main Dealer knows about the first three issues above and to be fair to them they have offered to swap this loan car for another iPace as soon as they get one back. Although with at least 4 iPaces (to my knowledge) in for heater issues and therefore I guess 4 cars with no delivery dates on the replacement parts I can't see another customer bringing a loan iPace back anytime soon. (Coupled with the fact that they do not have ANY iPaces of their own as courtesy cars).

I shall be phoning them first thing in the morning re the charging plug issue. Now although I have had a good rant (sorry guys), because of lockdown the car is hardly being used, so these things are not big issues really......just a pain in the ass!

I may well just press the Jaguar assist button in the roof of the car in the morning and get a technician to the house or get the Main Dealer to sort it and I may also get them to add this loan car to my Jaguar account so that I can communicate with it using the apps on my phone.

One thing I know for sure.....I am glad this loan car is not my purchased one........! I am currently very thankful (on the whole, heater issue aside) that I have an earlier model iPace!

#22 ·
Had an update from my Salesman at Jaguar Norwich on Saturday, to say my car is in the workshop. The Technicians had gone home but he said they are working on your car. I had a suspicion that was the case as the tracker people rang to ask if my car was with me. I explained that my car was at the Norwich Jaguar Dealership and they put car into service mode. Fingers crossed the part has arrived and that that fixes the issue of no heating and stops the dash lighting up with a myriad of warnings 😊🤞👍

#23 ·
Good news for you Al....... :mrgreen:

#24 ·
Car back home today 😊👍
Handed Land Rover back at the Norwich dealership. My car was ready and waiting for me. I had used the app to pre heat. All very apologetic for the time taken to fix the heater. I was also given a gift. An LG, Google Home Speaker and a multi way travel plug in a nice black Jaguar pouch.
It was great to get back in the Ipace. Such a smooth, quite and fast, no fuss drive. Took the long way home 😁
Car now plugged up to charge tonight.
Can't fault the customer service.
Hopefully you will all get your cars back soon 🤞😊

#25 ·
Nice one Al! I had a call from Marshall Cambridge today - they have a new ETA on my heater - 29th March.

So the car will have been in the garage for 6 weeks when the heater turns up!!

#26 ·
Looks like my I-Pace will be joining the queue in Cambridge at some point - Jaguar mobile technician yesterday confirmed the HV heater as needing replacing; same situation as 10cc - no heating in car, but no errors on the dash either. With lockdown it's taken a while to drive it enough to convince myself it definitely was broken after first noticing it wasn't getting particularly warm on a journey back in the cold period about 6 weeks ago!

Interestingly he checked the parts situation and apparently the HV heater itself is in stock, but the replacement "modified hose" that they need to fit at the same time is the part that is on back order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.