keyless lock/unlock car

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Tophe74

Re: keyless lock/unlock car

Post by Tophe74 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Jeggo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 pm
It would be nice to have some kind of sensor underneath the door. Just like the tailgate sensor.
So if you kick under the door, the door handles will come out and if it is dark, the Jaguar search light under the mirrors could light
up too.

CU

Jens
If the sensor works like the tailgate one then u won't open the door often ...
Tailgate opened 1/5 times each time I tried.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

Paul J.

Post by Paul J. » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Wow, 1 in 5 ! You must tell me your secret in achieving such a high success rate. I’m lucky if it works 1 in 100 times. :lol:
Corris Grey First Edition

Chewy

Post by Chewy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 pm

MjrPayne wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:22 pm
how many of you how can't find it in the dark, carry a mobile phone :)
The idea is to be able to enter and leave the car with the least hassle possible. Fumbling around for keys or your phone is not the answer.

Cannot see the difficulty in putting in the OPTION of allowing the owner to set auto presentation of the door handles when they approach the car, and auto locking when they leave the car if no one is in it.

For that matter, I go back to the idea of not needing a key, but using your mobile phone and it being with you to unlock and lock the doors. Again, this being an OPTION the owner can chose to use or not.

These are simple things that make using an EV easier for the owner. Tesla owners have these options and can turn them on or off depending on their choice.

Tophe74

Post by Tophe74 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:21 pm

I understand but unfortunately jaguar software engineer are not like Tesla :(
So first they need to fix the bugs. Then if they implement new functionality THAT WORKS it will be nice.
I pace FE photon red since 20.10.18

Dtrawford

Post by Dtrawford » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:29 pm

FunkyGibbon wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:04 pm
Problem solved

https://www.gearbest.com/novelty-lighti ... B6EALw_wcB
Love it and if you happen to have RSI too a double whammy :lol:

MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 am

Chewy wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 pm
MjrPayne wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:22 pm
how many of you how can't find it in the dark, carry a mobile phone :)
The idea is to be able to enter and leave the car with the least hassle possible. Fumbling around for keys or your phone is not the answer.

Cannot see the difficulty in putting in the OPTION of allowing the owner to set auto presentation of the door handles when they approach the car, and auto locking when they leave the car if no one is in it.

For that matter, I go back to the idea of not needing a key, but using your mobile phone and it being with you to unlock and lock the doors. Again, this being an OPTION the owner can chose to use or not.

These are simple things that make using an EV easier for the owner. Tesla owners have these options and can turn them on or off depending on their choice.
Actually I meant that you can use your phone as flashlight in pitch dark if you can't see the button. Anyway, how do you find your car if it's that dark? :) I use unlock button in remote to turn on courtesy lights if it's so dark I can't see door handles and find safe passage to the car.

Oily_rag

Post by Oily_rag » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Oily_rag wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 am
It's a serious problem, this lack of self locking when you leave the car's area. We have inadvertantly failed to lock the car due to not pressing the key fob or door button, sufficiently hard enough. The extended door handles then show every Tom, Dick & Harry plus burglar Bill that the car is unlocked and ready to be entered.

Oily_rag
Thanks for all the comments regarding this post, and I have to agree; it's amazing that apparently I have several times thought I had locked the car only to find on later inspection or return, I had not. I either live in a dream world, or are too busy or something else is happening. Maybe Jaguar has invented telekinetic door opening.

Anyhow thanks for the helpful comments.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”