Anyone else having trouble with the Konnect app?

We are British manufacturers of EV charging points. We use industrial grade electronics to give our product an unrivalled aesthetics and reliability. Discover why we are worth driving home to.
RJUK

Anyone else having trouble with the Konnect app?

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi folks, I just had my Andersen A2 installed today, but the app just doesn't work at all, despite the A2 being hardwired via a powerline hardwire kit.

In the app I can't control anything, nor change my electricity rate, see that the car is charging, nothing.

Any ideas what I can do? The Andersen live chat just sends an email.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

silverfox

Re: Anyone else having trouble with the Konnect app?

Post by silverfox » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 pm

You just need to wait for the user their end to respond to the Live Chat, normally takes around 30 seconds.
In the mean time until Andersen have sorted things out for you you could use the Jaguar Remote App, however that is also flaky when setting future charge times.
I have heard that the I Pace and scheduling charge times are currently not 100% reliable and Jaguar may require an update to rectify.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Yeah, I think it's pretty well known on here that the timed charging on the Jag doesn't work and doesn't stop the charging at the set percentage.

But then, I didn't pay for one of the most expensive EV chargers out there to get a dumb box on the wall. The smart features should work.

In fairness, Andersen already replied to the email that was sent when I tried to start a live chat, but it was just the usual turn it off and on again and try the reset button, neither of which worked.
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

silverfox

Post by silverfox » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Have you tried to access your K0nnect account via their website and if so what did the Health and RSSI section show?

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:12 pm

silverfox wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:58 pm
Have you tried to access your K0nnect account via their website and if so what did the Health and RSSI section show?
I have, and it was all blank.

silverfox

Post by silverfox » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:22 pm

did the installer fit a RCD separate from your main board? If so disconnect your power-line and re-start and connect via WiFi instead. See if that does anything?

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:25 pm

I already restarted via the RCD, but WiFi isn't an option. It doesn't reach the far wall of my garage well enough to connect. Plus I wasn't sure if the WiFi was working currently?

silverfox

Post by silverfox » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:33 pm

I had a very similar issue, Andersen couldn't initially work out why it was happening , they finally swapped the main chip having re-programmed it which enabled the connection, even then it kept dropping until they asked me to disconnect the Ethernet connection and now it seems to be working and stable.
To be fair to Andersen they bent over backwards to sort it for me.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:18 pm

So the Ethernet seems to be the issue?

Weird, as that ought to provide a more solid connection.

I could try WiFi tomorrow, as I have an Echo dot in the garage running music via WiFi, but it's a little closer than the A2, and without a big metal garage door in the way.

Alternatively, I need another WiFi extender.

Can you run a WiFi extender off of another WiFi extender?!

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 am

To update, I bought a powerline adaptor with WiFi capabilities, so I now have good WiFi signal in my garage. However even after several full resets including turning it off from the RCD twice, I still can't get my A2 into WiFi setup mode. Holding the button for 3 to 6 seconds as instructed doesn't cause the green LED to flash, nor to show an "Andersen" SSID to connect to.

The green light flashes the whole time I'm holding the button, but doesn't continue to flash once I let go. Holding it for 15 secs puts the unit into setup mode, which also doesn't create a WiFi connection to connect my phone to the A2.

I gave up and hardwired my new powerline sender and later that day noticed I could control my A2 now. I managed to lock it, but that's about it.

I still can't edit my energy cost, nor can I edit my location in the app (though I managed to do that online and it shows in the app).

Under "health" online my A2 shows a temperature in the mid 40's which is apparently normal. This is whilst the unit is sitting idle. Makes me wonder if it's drawing lots of power unnecessarily.

Also both online and in the app my A2 thinks its model designation is "K2", for some reason.

Lastly, the "nearly black" facia shown on the Andersen website isn't even close to the same colour in person. On the website it's definitely a dark matte black, which would match my garage doors perfectly. This is the colour shown on Andersen's main homepage and also in the configurator.

In person, it's a definite grey colour, nothing like what's shown on the website and completely different to my black garage doors. Despite the cost of these units, Andersen don't seem willing to send me a black fascia like the one pictured on the website. I get that it's called "nearly black", but it needs to be the colour shown on the website, or at least relatively close.