Anyone else having trouble with the Konnect app?

We are British manufacturers of EV charging points. We use industrial grade electronics to give our product an unrivalled aesthetics and reliability. Discover why we are worth driving home to.
NightFox

Re: Anyone else having trouble with the Konnect app?

Post by NightFox » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:24 pm

One thing that might be worth trying with your WiFi is to change the channel number on your router (which I'd guess is currently set to 'auto') to channel 11 or lower (2.4GHz) or 36-48 (5GHz). There are other channels outside of this range which are used across most of the world, but not in the US. Some manufacturers use WiFi chips that are set-up for use in the US, so if your router is using 2.4GHz channel 12, a US-specced WiFi chip isn't going to connect to it as it only uses channels 1-11.

I wouldn't raise your hopes too high of this being a fix, especially as Anderson isn't a US company, but it has worked a couple of times for me on various devices. Once you've manually changed your WiFi channel to something compatible, you can normally change it back to auto and it'll stay on the same channel unless there's congestion.

RJUK

Post by RJUK » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 pm

TBH, I'm happy with it being hard wired, as I prefer to hard wire as much as possible anyway. It's just annoying that the A2 won't even go into the mode to change the network settings. Until I can get it into WiFi setup mode it doesn't matter what my WiFi network is set to. It won't even let me get to the stage where I can search for networks!
Narvik Black I-Pace HSE with black everything, HUD, adaptive air suspension, privacy glass. 8-)

Orchard

Post by Orchard » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:39 pm

I had my A2 installed today, which was like an episode out of dads army (see other post), but regarding the app, the installation guy couldn’t get it to connect at all to his android, and I did on my iPhone but with the installer app ‘Kønnect set up’.
However the regular Anderson app wouldn’t pick up the charger and he said the iPhone app doesn’t really work and an update is due.

Not good enough at all.

Return to “Andersen EV – Stylish EV Charging Points”